CHAPTER XXIX: UPCOMING BIG EVENT

"Your birthday is coming, My Beatrice."

"Yes, but Father, I would like to have a simple birthday party"

"Why simple? We could prepare a grand celebration." His brother, Ronald, complained. He thought that her precious and lovely sister deserved anything.

"Yes, My Beatrice. We could celebrate your birthday as usual. You are my only daughter and I want only the best for you.", agreed by the Marquees.

It was dinner time and it was her favorite steak was the main dish on the table. She was stopped in cutting her food.

"Thank you father and brother, but—"

"No, buts.", Beatrice was trailed off by her brother Ronald.

"My Beatrice, Also, please understand that our reputation is on the line. I am not saying that it is more important than you, but we need to stand on our ranking." Marquees explained.

"Yes, father." She sadly agreed.

On that part, she understood it well. The Marquees was right. Reading novels with this era, she knew how important it is to show off your wealth to other nobles. It was like a shadow competition in high society. Rather the ranking that her father mentioned, it is actually about wealth. In fact, there are nobles with high rank, but struggled in their own earnings.

Wealth is the key in the high society to survive. The key on the battlefield in the nobility. It is used for influence and connections. It was the sad reality, and everyone was required to fit in. "Whatever era, this money and ranking system is still dominating."

"Don't be sad, Lil' Sis. After this summer, you will also be attending school like me. We will invite many nobles at your party. So, wouldn't you take it as an opportunity to know the people, whom you will be going with. Don't you think?", convinced by Ronald.

With the sudden realization, her spirits slightly beamed. "Ah You're right, brother."

"Yes. Why I did not think of that. I was too focused to the male lead. Truth to be told, the reason that I recommended a simple celebration was because I am afraid to personally meet the male lead."

"But as my father and brother's suggestions, there is no point on focusing on that. I just have to take my advantages, and to amend the reputation of this wicked girl in the high society. I will able to personally learn from the other nobles."

"Reading books would not enough to fill my lacking. Experience has the real key. And the most important part is....

...unlike tea parties that I chose to decline fearing of facing nobles personally, I am with father and brother who can guide me. There is nothing for me to be terrified of."

The Marquees and brother noticed that the lady was in deep thought again. Apparently, this attitude was one of the changes to the lady. She first thought things, before speaking it. And it can't be helped for them to add this as as one of the cute sides of the lady.