CHAPTER IX: BOOKS AND LIBRARY

After having breakfast with the Marquess, Lady Beatrice headed back to her room.

Entering the room, she stopped for a moment because of the unfamiliar things greeted her view. "Is this really my room?", she muttered inwardly.

The wide-open space that she used for morning exercise in her room was fully occupied by big ribboned boxes with different hues.

"My Beatrice, have you seen my gifts?"

Reminded by the conversation with the Marquess, she confirmedly asked Marielle who is behind her, "Are these gifts from my father?"

"Yes, My Lady.", Marielle beamingly confirmed.

Lady Beatrice thought that the special council meeting is held once every month in the imperial palace located at the Capital. "Did Lady Beatrice regularly got these enormous gifts every time the Marquess visited the Capital City?", she muttered again in herself with unbelievable remarks.

"Marielle, will you please open and organize these gifts now?", she ordered with disbelief.

"My Lady?", Marielle asked confusedly.

"Is there something wrong?", she answered with a question.

"I am sorry. My Lady, it was just that you usually love to open your gifts on your own.", Marielle commented.

"Ahh is that so?" "I would really love to but not now, Marielle, I have eaten too much. Please open the gifts for me", as she pleaded. "I did not lie. It was true. Marielle has no idea how bloated I am from the foods that I savored a while ago. All I wanted now is to crawl on my bed now.", she continued on her mind, but living now in a pretense of an elegant woman with high etiquette education, she can't just crawl on her bed like the old times even she was dying to do so unless being alone in her room. Thus, she decided to sit on her bed.

When Marielle started opening the gift, loosening the ribbons, she noticed the excitement of her personal maid's face. "Maybe I should give her a gift too."

Beautiful dresses, jewelries, and wonderful hats were all inside the boxes. On her thought, the prices of all the gifts appeared exorbitant by just scrutinizing its quality and perfectly detailed handicraft. In her previous life, she wholeheartedly admired these gifts, however, all were too attractive, too catchy in the eye that will only make her uncomfortable wearing it in casual days. She is not fond of too much attentions especially in the center of the crowd. She enjoyed being with few friends and in solitude by reading good books or watching movies.

"Books", she unconsciously spoke at her sudden thought.

Marielle who is happily busy opening the gifts, stopped. "Books, My Lady? But I don't think there is any book here. These are all—"