CHAPTER 41: Beatrice

"Rose, if it was not only of the full pack of people, we might have already there by now." The lady said while still continuing on the road.

"But you know, we already had an earliest time from what we had expected to be. We still had a lot of time."

"Right, Rose?"

The lady turned back to check for his companion who was behind her— the one who was supposed behind her.

Flinch.

"Rose?"

"Rose??" She turned around, but no trace of the man.

Unknowingly, the lady, who was panicking in the main street, was visible to Rose from the roof of the building. He intentionally left the lady to observe her more. "What are you going to do now?"

He thought that he will disappear for a moment and came back in a later time. Then, he will make an excuse that he accidentally lost her. With this plan, he was expecting that the true color of the wicked lady that he knew will make its appearance.

The forgivable and lovable lady that he was playing with for the last few weeks will be gone.

Rose?? Rose? She called him repetitively while looking around. "Where is he?"

The lady stopped looking around and continue to walk again, but halted again.

"It seems the lady had given up already." It was too early as he expected from her, but he still felt contradicting. It was a feeling of disappointment that dwelled inside of him. Then, he saw the lady glanced back to their route from the store.

The lady started to run back from the road which they came from, and called him around. "Rose? Rose, where are you?"

"Madam, have you seen a boy with long brown hair and black mask around?" She asked politely with obvious worries on her face. "He had this red crimsoned eyes."

"I am sorry, but I haven't seen anyone like that—"

"Ah is that so, thank you, Madam."

"But if you are talking about crimson eyes, weren't you talking about the young heir of Duke Aland? It was not a common eye—"

"No. His not the young heir. He has this long brown hair. Anyway. Thank you again."

The lady did not stop looking around for him in the market. She continued asking anyone who comes her way. "Why are you acting like this? You should have whining and burning in anger right now. Just what happened to you?"