CHAPTER XXVIII: BLISSFUL

She glanced at the trees where the branches were like dancing with the wind. She continued. "It was first love, and I guess, also the first broken heart." for the villainess, Beatrice. Even so, I understand the male lead for not loving her, especially, if all her mischiefs for the past years were taken into account, it was naturally for him to be disgusted with her. Hmm... I just wonder why that incident was not known to anyone.

"..."

"But past is past. I already learned to let go of those feelings, and it was just a one-sided love after all." The me now, whom possessing this body, has no kind of lingering feelings or obsession towards the male lead like her.

"..."

"Uhm. I know that my past heartache cannot be compared with yours, but I wanted you to know that there is nothing to lose in learning to let go pain and hatred. Time will heal everything, but only if you will let yourself. Ah easier said than done, I know. That might be what you are thinking right now, but I wanted you to keep those words in you." Sigh. Yes, this is what I wanted to say. Healing happens when you acknowledge your feelings, and not suppress them.

Beatrice was no idea that she had it release the words in a swift manner.

"???"

"And, in the future, when you are comfortable with me, I would like to see your face.", she added with fidgeting.

Rose just blankly stared at her for long. He could not understand why she was saying that or acting like he was a man living in misery. But then, he reached the ground with the branch, and started to write again to go with the flow of the conversation.

["Yes. I will."]

She clasped her both hands together. She happily responded. "Yey. Thank you. Looking forward on that day to come." She wore the brightest smile.

From that day on, Beatrice found a new friend in the person of Rose. She intentionally not to speak to anyone about Rose, even her maid, Marielle, because she thought that it would put him in jeopardy. There might be rules that he should not mingle with other people, and just forced to be, because it was her, the lady of the house, who requested from him.

****-------****

"Rose, can we play a game?"

He nodded.

"Staring game."

"???"

"Let's stare. The person who firstly blinks will get a flick on their forehead."