CHAPTER II - THE REALIZATION

Huff huff huff. Run. Run. Run fast.

"You! You can't escape from me.", a man's voice creepily echoed, and for some reason, it gave off a pressure to effortlessly one's body to shudder.

It is so dark, so dark. A very dark long road. Keeping the pace of my breath as I run, I don't have any idea who am I running from or where am I going to. All that registering to my mind is I need to run, run as fast as I can. This is so scary. I'm scared. "Please. Mom! Mom! Someone! Please save me." Huf huf. Tears started to fall from my eyes. I cried. Cried and shouting, "Someone please save me."

"Lady Beatrice, wake up.", Marielle said with shaky voice towards to her Lady, who still sleeping with cold sweats all over her face. She thought that the Lady seems to be having a bad dream. "Lady Beatrice.", as she called again.

****-------****

It is already 3:00 in the afternoon and Marielle is presently in the kitchen to pick up the snacks and to brew tea for her lady. Lady Beatrice should be attending the tea party of Lady Rosalla this afternoon, but due to health conditions, she ordered her to send a letter of apology, which she did, after guiding her lady back to her room. Bewilderedly, she doesn't still understand why the lady refused her request to call a physician. With all honesty, she is actually having a hard time to comprehend the strange behavior of Lady Beatrice manifested just this morning.

As her usual morning routine and ordered by her Lady, she went to prepare the bath. It is well known in the estate that Lady Beatrice cherished her bath time so preparing it should be thoroughly and properly done or else... Marielle involuntary gulped just the mere thought of no-good things will happen if you dissatisfied her.

Before she was designated by Sir Nico, the butler of the Marquess Croix's estate, many warnings and scary stories reached to her. The recent story was the former maid that she replaced a week ago. The poor maid was harshly fired by the order of none other than Lady Beatrice. On the day of the incident, it appeared that there are no available stocks left for the Lady's favorite lavender oil for her bath due to the last drought happened in the west.

The drought in the west massively affected the trading industry of the entire Aland dukedom. The Aland Dukedom is known in its rich agriculture and mining; however, flower fields are not one of its focus areas.

Afraid of informing the Lady, the former maid decided to put citrus oils in the Lady's bath, which the latter noticed it immediately as she goes in the bathtub. The hot brewed tea beside the bathtub was thrown to the maid by angry Lady Beatrice that scarred the left arm of the maid, and the story didn't just stop there as Marielle also learned that that the unfortunate maid had nails scratches on the face, neck, and arms which obviously incurred by her lady's wrath. It is also become her great reminder to always carefully double check the needs of her lady are always ready and available.

After everything is set properly, she went back straight to the Lady's room.

Knock. Knock.

"Lady Beatrice. It is your maid, Marielle.", as she called behind the doors.

"..."

"Why there is no answer? Did she sleep again?", Marielle talked to herself.

"My Lady?", she called again.

With a long silence, Lady Beatrice finally replied, "Come in."

Marielle gently opened the door and stepped inside the room. Lowering her head, she informed Lady Beatrice, "My Lady, your bath is ready."