CHAPTER XIV: ADVOCACY

Hearing the call of her maid, Beatrice snapped and back to her senses. She calmed down. At that moment, Caville decided to put her down.

"My Lady? Your face.", Marielle said with moist eyes.

"Marielle.", she called.

After putting down the lady, Caville turned her gaze to the boy. His cold demeanor made the boy stood up, then, hurriedly, ran away from them. When he was about to chase the boy, Beatrice held his arm to stop him.

"It is alright, Caville. You don't have to chase that boy.", she said calmly.

"But My Lady?", Caville dissuaded. Then, he saw the red right cheek of the young lady. Caville felt his blood rose inside his body. He clenched his fist. "My Lady, we need to punish that boy—."

Beatrice shook her head. "No need, Caville. I already done it." She added proudly like a child, and gestured her hand like a cat, "I scratched his face."

Caville was dumbfounded with the reasoning of the lady, and thus, decided not to say any after that. He just heed her order.

Also, Beatrice thought that the boy is just a young child, vulnerable and has no idea of his own doings, especially, if there is no one who will teach him properly. With that thought, her irritation was replaced by sympathy to the boy. Further, she admitted to herself that she lost her composure at that time. "I am an old woman for Pete's sake." She thought that the child's immaturity might still in effect even it was possessed by an old woman.

After lost in thought, she, then, looked at the little kid crouching on the side of the wall. She walked towards to the little kid.

"Were you hurt?", she asked with a smile. "It's alright. We will not hurt you."

She reached her hand out to the little kid. The kid stared to her, and then, slowly accepted her hand. She helped the kid to stand up. She noticed the small bruises on the face, arms and one knee of the kid.

"Tha— thank you." The kid stammered and continued, "You—were hurt."

"That voice. She's a girl?" Beatrice thought that the little kid was a boy because of her short red hair.

She answered, "Yes". And she gently touched her cheek before continuing. "but it will heal in no time."

"..."

"Marielle, do we have first aid kit at the carriage?"

"Yes, My Lady.", Marielle answered while picking her loose shoe on the ground.

"Come with us. Let us treat your wound first.", she said encouragingly.