You Can't Heal Over Night

Nova woke up drenched in her own sweat. Her breathing was rapid and she wanted nothing more than to lay back down. But she couldn't. 

They were there in the dream. 

Bellatrix Lestrange, Fenrir Greyback, and Tom Riddle have been plaguing Nova's dreams. It's been nearly two and a half months since the war ended, and since the defeat of Voldemort, she's been suffering from nightmares.

Belatrix's laughter coursed through Nova's ears as she tortured Sirius Black, Nova's father, for information. Nova couldn't help. She was forced to watch. 

The hungry look in Greyback's eyes was sickening as Nova pleaded for mercy. It never came. Of course, Nova's assault never went further than intrusive touches. However, that didn't stop her mind from wandering to what could've happened. It didn't stop her from the disgust she felt for herself after coming to life. 

Voldemort's announcement of Harry's death played through Nova's mind as her boyfriend's body was lowered to the floor. 

It always started with Harry's body. Then more began to appear. Both her father, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, Neville, Teddy, Timmy, and many more laid before her. 

Cries broke the silence. Nova got up from her spot on her bed. She quickly cast a spell so she was clean and moved to follow the sound. 

"Shh, Teddy Bear," She cooed as she retrieved the screaming toddler from his crib. 

It wasn't instantly, by Teddy's cries turned into hiccups. Nova began rubbing his back as a way to calm him down. 

"Mumma," Teddy whispered as Nova walked down to the couch at Lupin Cottage. 

"Sorry, Tedster," Nova replied as she fought the tears that were threatening to spill. "It's Nova. Mumma is sleeping. She and Pa are sleeping for a very very long time."

With Teddy cradled into her chest, Nova fell asleep. 

That's exactly how Harry Potter found them the following morning. 

Despite having a relationship going steady and making its way onto three years (and going through hell and back standing side by side), the two were not living together. Harry lived in a small flat and had half of his things here. Nova lived at Lupin Cottage and had half of her and Teddy's things at Harry's flat. 

Carefully, Harry draped a blanket over the two before moving towards the kitchen to cook breakfast. 

"What do you think you're doing?" Harry asked as he saw Teddy crawl into the room. Harry knew the young boy could walk, but here the turquoise-haired boy was crawling. 

Teddy froze and looked at Harry with wide eyes.  

Harry scooped Teddy up and placed him in the high-chair. 

"There," Harry grinned proudly. "I did it right this time."

Harry did not buckle Teddy correctly. 

One of the straps was running under Teddy's right arm, but other than that, it was alright. 

Looking him in the eyes, Teddy put his arm under the strap. 

"I see attitude runs in the family," Harry stated. 

Teddy grinned proudly. 

Harry ruffled his turquoise hair before turning to the stove. 

Nova woke up on the couch. She quickly took notice of Teddy missing and jumped up with her wand ready. 

The smell of bacon wafted to her nose.