Welcome Home!

Nova and Hermione sat at the kitchen table. Lupin Cottage was empty. The only occupants were the two women sipping their tea. 

"Are you actually reviewing everything we learned from first year?" Nova asked increduously. 

"Yes," Hermione confirmed without looking up from her notes. "How's House Hunting going?"

"It's alright. I have a few options. With some renovations, they should be perfect-"

"There's a 'but' in that statement," Hermione declared as she raised an eyebrow. 

"But Harry is convinced he found the perfect place. He won't tell me, and it's driving me mad!" Nova groaned. "There's a reason I make the plans."

"Most of you plans almost end in you dying," Hermione scoffed. 

"I mean . . .she's not wrong," Marlene shrugged. 

"THAT'S MY FAVORITE MUGGLEBORN!" Regulus yelled. 

"I take high offense to that," Lily placed a hand over her heart. 

"Ha. Ha. Ha." Nova rolled her eyes as she poored herself another cup of tea. 

"Have you heard from Blaise, Theo, or Draco?" Hermione asked timidly as she turned the page in her book. 

"I went to their flat yesterday," Nova stated. "They seem to be doing fine, but that's just what they show. I'm trying to get them to see Dr.Riley. We're all struggling on the inside."

"Speaking of," Hermione closed her book. "How are you doing?"

"I'm f-"

"Don't try that shit." Hermione ordered. "You lost both your dads, your stepmum, your mentor, and tons of people close to you. Not to mention you were a prisoner of war. And I doubt you were just sitting in a dungeon."

"I'm getting better. Dr. Riley helps a lot." Nova said as she shakily set her mug down. "She said I should talk to the people closest to me about what I went through."

"Are you asking how to tell Har-?"

"I was hoping to tell you," Nova stated as she glared at the table cloth. "If you want to know."

"You don't have-"

"I need to," Nova said. "I'm not ready nor do I know how to tell Harry."

And so Nova told her everything. And she means everything. The miscarriage, Bellatrix, Greyback, the nights spent in the dark alone. All of it. 

Hermione took it like a champ. She listened as Nova told her everything. She held her hand as she got to certain parts. She offered her a shoulder to cry. Despite not having to go through what Nova did, Hermione offered amazing advice.

The two sat in a comfortable silence as Nova slowly began to regain control of her tears. 

An hour later, Harry appeared with the biggest smile on his face. 

"I'm got a surprise!" Harry shouted gleefully as he nearly skipped into the living room.

Nova, who showed no signs of crying, looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. 

"Oh, hello, Hermione," Harry greeted before turning to Nova excitedly. "Come on, love, I've got something to show you!"

"Alright!" Nova groaned as she nearly rolled off the couch. "I swear you're more excited than Teddy during his bubble baths!"

Harry practically dragged Nova to the car. 

"Don't worry!" Hermione called from the house jokingly. "I'll let myself out!"