Christmas Dinner

"I TOLD YOU!" James sang when the Heaven Crew saw the ring on Nova's finger the following morning. "I TOLD YOU BITCHES!"

"Technically . . .the only bitch here is Snuffles," Marlene smirked. "And that's Nova's bitch."

Remus was making gremlin noises with his arms crossed. 

Sirius on the other hand . . .

"My baby!" He sobbed. "She's all grown up!"

"Remmy, didn't you give Harry permission?" Lily asked. 

"Yeah," he huffed. "But that was when I was alive. Now I chose to revoke my permission."

"Shut up, Remus!" Tonks hissed. "They're adorable!"

"She's not fifty-five yet!" Regulus yelled. "I said not till she's fifty-five, Potter!"

"TAKE THAT WLABURGA!" Fleamont shouted. "YOUR GRANDAUGHTER IS A POTTER NOW!"

Nova woke up the morning of Christmas wrapped in Harry's arms as she always was. Her back was pressed into Harry's chest as always. His breath tickled the back of her neck as it always has. 

But something was different.

The sunlight streaming through the windows making the beautiful ring on Nova's finger shine. It wasn't too complicated but it wasn't too simple. 

A small graced Nova's face as she remembered the night of their engagement. 

She originally said no as a joke. But when Harry nearly cried, Nova said yes and told him she was joking. Harry picked her up and spun her around before giving her the ring. 

"That was very cruel of you, Future Misses Potter," Harry had said with a pout. 

Nova, very carefully, climbed out of bed. Dressed in Harry's shirt, panties, and fuzzy socks, she made her way to the kitchen to make breakfast. She knew the house-elves would make breakfast, but she wanted to give them a break. 

Besides, she felt special today.

Harry woke up not long after to an empty bed. He frowned but left to find his fiance.

It wasn't hard seeing as her music was playing in the kitchen. He found her dancing in his shirt while flipping pancakes. 

"Nice pajamas," Harry smirked as he leaned in the doorway. 

"Harold," Nova rolled her eyes. "I literally wear this to be every night. It's nothing special."

"Perhaps not," Harry shrugged. "But that ring is."

"You cheeky bastard," Nova laughed as she flipped a pancake. 

"Wrong. I'm your cheeky bastard," Harry smirked and sat at the table. 

"You smooth mother fucker," Remus grumbled. 

"He gets it from me," James said proudly. 

"Don't kid yourself, James," Marlene scoffed. "He gets it from Lily."

Nova rolled her eyes and left to wake Teddy. 

Harry reached for a pancake but stopped at Nova's voice. 

"Don't think about it, Potter!"

"You'll be a Potter too!"

Harry got no response. He sat back with a satisfied smile on his face. 

***