Free Day

"Go fish," Sirius told his brother as they sat at the table playing cards. 

"Damn," Regulus groaned. 

Giggles sounded from the second viewing room. 

Curiously, the Black Brothers followed the sound. 

They found James Potter sitting on the floor, wrapped in a blanket snacking on popcorn. A giggle escaped his lips as he watched his wife launch the Greasy Dungeon Bat across the room. 

"What in Merlin's name are you doing?" Sirius asked as he stole the popcorn. 

"Are you watching Lily beat the shit out of Severus after he came here?" Regulus questioned. "You know after he tried to apologize and justify his actions?"

"WHY THE BLOODY HELL CAN'T I TURN THIS DAMN THING ON?" a frustrated Remus yelled. 

"IT'S GAME DAY!" Lily shouted. 

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?" Remus yelled, but there was no point. Everyone was already in the family room.

"It's the day Lily decides to take the remote for a few hours so we play board games," Dorcas explained. "It's honestly entertaining."

"But I want to watch my daughter," Remus groaned. 

"Remus, that's not a life-" Tonks began. 

"Good thing I'm dead then."

"That took a dark turn," Sirius sniggered. 

"You weren't much better, Siri," Alex rolled their eyes. "Actually . . .you were worse." 

"Yeah, you practically slept in the viewing room with the volume turned all the way up in case yu fell asleep," Marlene stated. 

"It was a rough first week-"

"Week?" James exclaimed. "You only stopped doing that a month before the Battle of Hogwarts."

"Lily, can't we-" Remus tried. 

"No," Lily objected. "It's game day, Remmy. Stop being a sourwolf."

Back on Earth, Harry emerged from the fireplace of Potter Manor. He just left Teddy with Andy for the day. He brushed the soot off his navy blue button-up shirt and jeans. 

"Love?" Harry called out. 

A hissing sound came from the floor as Harry passed Shadow on his way to Nova. In response, he simply rolled his eyes and continued walking. 

His grin faltered once he saw how stressed his fiance seemed. Her left hand was rubbing soothing circles on her rights shoulder. He knew that's where the tension built up when she was confused or stressed. White fuzzy socks were resting over her black leggings. Harry's red hoodie covered her torso. 

"Love?" Harry questioned as he sat next to her. 

"'Ello, darlin," she said, looking up at Harry. Before going back to her notes. 

"What are you doing?" Harry asked as he looked at her papers. 

"With the World Cup not happening this year due to the lack funding and the sponsors dead due to the war," Nova began as she wrote something. "I don't have a Quidditch. I thought I'd focus my efforts on the law system. I've just finished Criminal Justice. Basically, everyone gets a fair trial. If your crime is of a certain degree, you will have a full criminal trial. If it's not, you'll have an evaluation.