Come Out, Little Lupin

Nova sat at the kitchen table lost in thought. A mug of hot chocolate was held in her hands. Her caramel hair was in a knot secured by her wand. She wore one of her Pa's old sweaters

She and Ron both passed their entrance exams. They had an instructor review everything and they were to have a senior Auror with them for the first two months. 

Nova felt like she was betraying Moody as she "trained" under Bat (AKA Bartholemew). It's been nearly six years since Moody's death, but it still felt like she was betraying him. 

When she was playing Quidditch, Nova was home by three every afternoon and practiced Monday through Friday. Now she works Monday through Saturday. She wakes up in the early hours of the morning only to return as the sun begins to set. 

The Twins, Teddy, and the animals were desperate for her attention when she did return home. 

"Goodmorning, love," Harry greeted as he kissed the top of her head. 

"'Morning," she sent him a smile as she passed him a hot chocolate. 

"I have a surprise for you," Harry stated as he grabbed her hand and led her up the stairs to one of the many rooms in Potter Manor. 

"Okay . . ." 

Harry and Nova were the only two awake seeing as all the children slept soundly. 

"You wanted to surprise me with a room in our house," Nova stated blandly. 

"It's not just any room."

"It has walls, a floor, and a ceiling. This is a room, darlin. There isn't anything too special about it."

Harry rolled his green eyes. 

"This is your new study." He declared. "If you want it to be of course. I mean this way you don't have to stay at the Auror Office overtime while working a case. You can bring it here."

Nova would be lying if she said her heart didn't melt. It was one thing to say someone supported another's decision. It was completely different to show them they did. And that's what Harry's doing. 

"Darlin, there isn't a desk in here," Nova said with a smirk tugging at her lips. 

"I'm trying to be cute here!" Harry huffed. "Let me be cute!"

"Would you like to do another take or . . .?" Nova teased with a grin.

"Yes. Yes, I would." Harry nodded firmly. 

And so the two twenty-four-year-olds walked from the room only to reenter. This time, however, Nova let her husband have his moment. She listened intently as he rambled on. 

" . . .we can put a purple piano-"

"Do you even know how to play piano?" Nova raised a brow. 

Before Harry could answer, a groggy Teddy appeared in the doorway. His hair was splayed in all directions as he rubbed his eyes before yawning in his alien pajamas. 

"Mum? Dad?" he said in between another yawn. "What's for breakfast? What are you doing in here? What purple piano?"

"Having sex on a purple piano," Regulus shrugged. 

"What the actual fuck, Reg?" Dorcas asked as she turned to the brunette. 

"It was the first thing that came to mind," he answered. "That or arson."

"How-?" Lily began. "You know what? I'm not even going to ask."

***