The First Six Months

*takes place in May of 2004 . . .the beginning at least

As promised, once mid-February rolled around, Nova returned to practice. James and Jade would stay with Molly while Nova was at practice. 

Andromeda insisted she could take care of them, but she was growing weaker. Her time on Earth was growing short. However, instead of being afraid, Andy didn't care. She didn't want to leave Teddy behind, but she'd see Ted and Dora again. 

James, as expected, quickly took to being a Mumma's Boy. When his mother was around, he was a perfect angel. When she wasn't, he was a hurricane. 

Jade loved both of her parents. While she didn't cause as many problems openly as James did, she already proved to be a troublemaker. Nova prayed for the day the two set off to Hogwarts with the Marauders Map and cloak to annoy their father and Minnie. 

Speaking of Minnie, she nearly cried at the sight of them. She officially lost all composure when Nova referred to her as 'Grandmum Minnie'. 

The Burrow has become an unofficial daycare center. Molly, who loved children, insisted all her grandchildren were delivered to the Burrow during the hours they worked. This meant almost-six-year-old Victoire, six-month-old Roxanne, four-month-old Potter Twins, and three-month-old baby Fred (George and Lilly's son) were all at the Burrow. 

In the years to come, Roxane, James, Jade, Fred, Marco Zabini-Nott (adopted son of Theo and Blaise), and Elyse Wood (Oliver's daughter and Nova's goddaughter) would become known as the Golden Marauders

Merlin help the Hogwarts staff. 

Even if Roxanne didn't participate in as many pranks as her friends did, she wasn't Fred Weasley's daughter for nothing. Not to mention, the group of six would have access to the Cloak of Invisibility, the Marauders Map, Nova's tips, and Weasley Wizard Wheezes

There's also the fact they're Gen Z kids. 

Before going to the Burrow to retrieve her kids, Nova stopped at Gringotts. 

"How can I assist you, Nova?" a goblin asked he wore a banker's striped suit and looked malicious. 

As the author mentioned before, Nova had a surprisingly decent relationship with the goblins. 

"I was just wondering if you transferred the two hundred galleons I requested to the Weasley family vault," Nova stated. 

"Yes. Every two weeks. Just as you requested, Mrs. Potter," the goblin said pleasantly. 

"Thank you," Nova grinned. "Molly Weasley knows nothing of it?"

"She does not," he clarified.

"Thank you, Talon," Nova nodded. "Have a wonderful."

Molly Weasley refused to accept any money Nova tried giving her in return for the hours she spends babysitting. This lead to Lilly, Roxanne, Fleur, and Nova coming up with a system. Seeing as Nova has the best relationship with goblins, she'd transfer the money from her vault to the Weasley vault and the others would pay her in turn. 

Fleur could easily do this herself by working at Gringotts, but people would ask questions. Goblins didn't gossip about it and they definitely don't talk to wizards. The last thing they need is a nosy report telling Molly. 

"Don't forget, Mrs. Weasley," Nova reminded as she picked up her children. "Dinner is at Potter Manor this Sunday."

***

"Harry!" Nova called as she fed a six-month-old Jade her bananas. "Can you get James?"

There was a faint replay and Nova went back to feeding her daughter.