December 20

*there are no 'In Heaven' segments in this chapter. Lily stole the remote to let Harry and Nova have their anniversary in peace

On the morning of December 20, Nova would wake up wrapped in the arms of the man she loves. Not long after waking up, she'd remember it's their anniversary.

Shortly after the Puddlemere versus Cannons Kingsley Shacklebolt contacted Nova. He requested her assistance in reforming the laws, knowing she's been working on them since she was fifteen. Nova almost instantly agreed and set to work.

Last night, Harry got home late. He had been caught up in grading the quizzes he gave earlier that week to evaluate how much students remember.

He assumed Nova would be with Teddy, but he was with Andromeda for next few days.

It wasn't until he walked through the living, did she find her.

Nova, dressed in black sweats, had fallen asleep on the couch. She had her paperwork spread out around her. Harry, quietly closer he binders and tucked the papers into their appropriate folders. He stacked her things off to the side along with her pens and quills.

Carefully, Harry carried her bridal style to their room. She had curled into his chest as he walked, turning his heart to mush. The moment he set her on the bed, he took her hair out of it's ponytail, knowing she hated sleeping with one in.

Once he had changed into his pajamas, he climbed into his spot next to Nova.

Nova woke up the following morning with a strong arm wrapped around her torso. She felt Harry's body against hers and smiled to herself.

When she finally escaped, Harry pulled her back and buried his face into her neck, pulling her closer to him.

"No," Harry mumbled into Nova's neck.

"But I have to get up." she giggled.

"No."

"Harry-"

"No."

"Harry-"

"No."

"Harry-"

"No," Harry mumbled again. It was almost inaudible. "It's our anniversary and I made plans."

"And as much as I love lying in bed all day wrapped in your arms," Nova stated as she turned to face Harry. "Those aren't plans."

"I know," Harry said cheekily as his green eyes met her honey ones. "I just wanted to cuddle. Our date is at seven tonight."

"Perfect," Nova grinned. "I have practice at ten and that ends at two. Then I have to meet Kingsley at three. I should be home by five to get ready."

"That's nice," Harry stated. "It's only seven, and I'm holding you hostage for at least another half hour."

***

Harry and Nova walked through Central Park. The cold air turning their noses pink, but neither cared. They were too caught up in their laughter to even notice.

"We have one more stop," Harry spoke. He wore a dark muggle tuxedo and his hair was, as always, not behaving. His green eyes shone with nothing but love and adoration.

"First dinner. Then a walk through Central Park," Nova smirked. "Now a mystery place. What are you up to, Harry Potter?"

Her plain but beautiful red silk dress was covered by a thick black overcoat that ran down to her knees. Her hair, much like Harry's, was sprinkled with snowflakes. The diamond bracelet Harry had given her has a birthday present decorated her wrist. Her Nyx bracelet from her fathers broke while on the run. Luckily, she still had the charm. So, she bought a new chain and wore it as a necklace.