Chapter fifty-seven: To trust and care is a mistake

Johnny refused the seat Kun was offering him in Taeyong's office. After Park's phone call, the leader had not uttered a word and kept pacing around the room like a lion in a cage.

"So are you going to finally say it or should I do the honors?" the tallest of the three asked, a hint of bitterness in his tone.

Taeyong stopped moving, his back facing Kun and Johnny. His shoulders were tensed, and he put a hand on his hip while he used the other to pinch the bridge of his nose.

He inhaled deeply and turned around to face Johnny's glare. Taeyong was almost impressed by Johnny's presence; standing tall with his arms crossed on his chest.

"I suppose you have already guessed on your own."

Johnny let out a curse, shaking his head.

"Fuck, Taeyong, what were you thinking, hiding this from us?"

"Keep your voice down, will you?" the leader replied with the same aggressive tone.

"Oh, right, sorry," Johnny scoffed, "I'm sure you wouldn't want the others to find out that you've been lying to us for months!"

Sensing the situation was about to get out of hand, Kun calmy got up and placed himself between the two men who were staring stonily at each other.

"Alright," he spoke in a clear but firm voice, "calm down."

"Calm down?" Johnny repeated, his eyes still fixed on his leader. "I not only have just learnt that Park is alive and well, and not six feet under like he's supposed to be, but also that Iseul has been kidnapped by this son of a bitch, and you want me to calm down?"

Johnny wasn't yelling, but his voice was still loud enough to express his anger. He then turned to Kun, his eyes throwing flames.

"How long have you known?" he asked, visibly trying to contain himself.

Kun ignored the question, "That's not important. We have bigger priorities, like getting Iseul and her friend back."

At the mention of Chaewon, Johnny opened his eyes wide.

"Excuse me, who now?"

"Chaewon," Taeyong spoke while getting a cigarette out of his pocket and lighting it, "she's Iseul's best friend."

"And what does she have to do with anything?"

Kun sighed and explained what had really happened the night before and how Chaewon had disappeared with Iseul.

"Alright," Johnny said as he rubbed his eyes, "so now you're telling me that we have two girls to find?"

"Yes."

Johnny let himself fall back on the chair that Kun had offered him earlier, passing a hand through his hair.

"Any idea how we're going to proceed?"

Taeyong took a puff of his cigarette, looking out the window.

"He said he made a deal with someone," he spoke. "That he wouldn't hurt Iseul."

Kun and Johnny frowned and shared a confused look.

"Why would he make such a deal? There's nothing he wants more than to hurt her."

"What's his problem with the girl, anyway?" Johnny asked.

"Park considers her responsible for everything he's lost. He thinks Iseul is the reason why he couldn't succeed in having her father's company, and honestly I think he just hates her guts."