Chapter eight: Like a guardian angel

After his conversation with Doyoung, Taeyong spent the rest of the day locked in his office, thinking. His friend was right, Iseul needed to get out of this house.

"Ten?" he spoke through the phone, "I need you to do something for me."

Once he was done giving Ten his instructions for the next day, Taeyong hung up and walked back to Iseul's room.

As expected, she didn't reply, and he was faced with a closed door.

"Iseul, please, open the door."

Iseul was curled up in her bed, looking at her phone. She didn't like acting this way, but right now, she really didn't feel like talking to anybody. Well, except for Chaewon, of course.

Taeyong sighed when Iseul still didn't move, and leaned his upper arm against the door.

"Look..." he began, "I thought about it, and I don't have the right to tell you what to do, so... If you want to go out tomorrow, you can..."

He took a deep breath, "But make sure to stay safe, and call me if anything happens. Really, anything."

On the other side of the door, Iseul had straightened up, surprised. She didn't expect him to change his mind, but she was glad he did.

Not that she was waiting for his approval anyways, she was planning on going even if he disagreed, but it was nice to know that he trusted her enough to go out on her own. She understood he was worried, but Park was dead, what was he so scared of?

She slept a bit better knowing she wouldn't have to lie to get out of the house the next day, even though the nightmares still woke her up a couple of times.

What she didn't know was that Ten would be following her around, just in case.

"Can I ask you something?"

Taeyong didn't even look up from his paperwork.

"Ten, you and I both know you're gonna ask anyways, so why don't you just go ahead?"

The younger one smirked, "Why didn't you tell Iseul that I was going to be with her? I mean, it would be easier to protect her if I could actually walk next to her, you know. Not just observing from afar like you asked me to do."

Taeyong let down his pen to look at him, "I know. I'm not making it easy for you, but last time I told her she'd only be able to go out if she was escorted by one of you, it didn't exactly end up well..." he trailed off, remembering the time Iseul had literally kicked his ass saying she didn't need a babysitter.

Ten let out a small laugh, "Yeah, she's a feisty one."

"Just make sure she doesn't get hurt, and call me if anything happens, alright? She's still new to this kind of... well let's call it a lifestyle. She doesn't know how to analyze everything, how to always observe the environment around and the kind of things that help us survive out there, things that became a second nature to us. She'll need your experience. If you feel like anything is off, call me."

Ten nodded, he knew Taeyong was right. Iseul, no matter how badass she could get when it came to her fighting abilities, was still as defenseless as a child on the streets, with no instinct of survival whatsoever.

The next day, it didn't take long for everyone to notice Iseul's small smile as she was getting ready to meet her friend.

"Our little Iseul seems happy, this morning," Kun smiled as he was getting himself a cup of coffee.

The girl just nodded, "Yeah, I think I really need to clear my mind. No offense to you guys, of course," she added.

"Of course," Sicheng repeated sweetly. "Have fun and be careful."

"Guys, guys!" YangYang's voice echoed in the hallway. "Do you know where Ten-hyung is? I need to ask him a few questions before he leaves-" the boy stopped himself when he noticed Iseul's presence.

"Oh, hi Iseul," he smiled awkwardly.

The other two men just glared at the poor boy, who scratched the top of his head out of nervousness.

"You know what? Never mind I'll just ask someone else."

And with that, he left as fast as he came.

Iseul just shrugged and wished the members a good day before leaving, unaware of Ten's presence far behind her.

Just like a guardian angel, he would watch over her for the day; but demons were out there too, and Iseul was going to need him to have her back.

—-
Yeah it's just a filler chapter sorry nothing really interesting