Chapter thirty-two: Deal with the Devil's enemy

"You want something."

Park wasn't asking. He was stating a fact. The arrogant smirk on his face as he spoke made Kang Min-Ju want to slap him, but instead, she simply smiled, her red lips contrasting with her dark eyes.

"I do," she admitted.

Oh, how it pained her to reveal that. Iseul's mother was a lot of things, but she was far from stupid. She was aware of the position she was in, and it wasn't a position of power. No, she was weak. Her presence at the snake's table was a proof of it.

Her dignity and pride had been hurt. Deeply. Her brain yelled at her to get up and leave, leave now that there was still time, but her heart, on the other hand, pushed her to stay. So that's what she did. She crossed her legs under the table, not letting a single emotion invade her stoic face, and she kept her head high, refusing to bow down to Park.

He seemed to be pleased by her answer.

"And what exactly is it that you're seeking?" he asked, not even trying to hide his satisfaction. "Obviously it must be something important to you," he carried on without letting her speak. "Or else you wouldn't be here tonight, am I right?"

He raised an eyebrow at the woman, who only lifted her chin up in response.

Oh no, she would never bow to that man.

"It's hurting you, isn't it?" he added, his smirk only growing larger by the second. "Having to come to me."

"Are you ready to do business or do you just plan on humiliating me?" she snapped, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, why choose when I can do both?"

Kang Min-ju clenched her fists under the table, refraining herself from breaking his nose. She had never been the violent type -well, not physically, at least- but she would crush this man's bones under her heeled feet without a blink anytime if given the occasion.

"I want my daughter."

Park poured himself another glass of alcohol, not even batting an eye to her request.

"I don't have her," he simply replied.

"I know that," she groaned in annoyance. "But I know that you know where she is. I also know that no matter what you pretend, you don't intend to let her live."

Park chuckled darkly, "Well if you know all that, how can I be of assistance to you? Last time I checked; it was not very common to seek help from the man who dreams of killing your daughter."

Kang Min-Ju had to refrain herself from picturing her daughter's dead body in her mind, and she drank some water to keep up appearances.

"I'm well aware of that," she uttered. "But I have something you want, too. And last time I checked, when two people want something from each other, they make a deal."

Park grinned, "A true businesswoman at heart," he commented. "I wasn't expecting any less coming from you."

"So, are you ready to cut a deal or not?"

"No offence, my dear," Park said while smoothing his tie out, "but last time I made a deal with your family, you ended up stabbing me in the back for that daughter of yours. Why on earth would I want to do business with you again, and especially to save the girl?"

"Because last time you negotiated with my husband," Kang Min-Ju declared, determination filling her voice. "And he was a coward, a stupid one at that. Now you're dealing with me."

Park smirked, "I can see the difference for sure, but I'm still not convinced. You still haven't told me what's in it for me."

"The company."

Park wasn't stupid. He knew the woman sitting in front of him knew how to do business, and he knew what she was ready to offer. But he didn't think hearing it directly from her mouth would sound so good.

"What makes you even think I can get your daughter in the first place?"

Iseul's mother chuckled, a sound clear as crystal, and as sophisticated as she was.

"Because I know you," she hissed, looking at him right in the eye. "I know you've always wanted that company, and I know you'd be ready to do anything it takes to get it back. That's exactly what I'm offering you, as well as revenge."

The last word caught Park's attention, and the woman smirked, proud of her little effect.

"Revenge?" he repeated, interested.

"Think about it," she said, her voice suddenly seductive, trying to lure him in, "you take my daughter from him, just like you took his sister. It's going to destroy him completely, and you even get my company as a bonus. Kill two birds with one stone."

Park's eyes suddenly shined with a spark of determination, a look of madness on his face. Kang Min-Ju couldn't help but smirk at the sight. It had worked.

"You got yourself a deal," Park spoke, a crazy grin on his face.

—-
I love writing about Park but want to punch him at the same time