Chapter 1

Cora's P.O.V
I yawned as I had gotten up and smiled softly looking around seeing four distinct males asleep three adults and one child. Once in awhile I would stay with Tyki and his friends we usually travelled together since sometimes Eezee would get sick and I would stay back and take care of him.

I got up earlier then the others so that I could get ready for the day before any of the group got up. I went to the bathroom doing what I needed too and got dressed before I walked out and grabbed some food I brought the night before and started making breakfast for everyone.

I smiled softly seeing the sunrise coming up and for a moment it all felt peaceful too me. I hummed softly as I kept cooking making eggs, bacon, toast and pancakes I had gotten some apple juice as well for everyone the day before. I was basically the medic for the entire work base so as I cooked I was going over my medical books like I did whenever I could to keep my memories fresh.

After half an hour I could hear movement and smiled looking when I saw Tyki Mikk getting up. "Morning Tyki how did you sleep?" Starting to dish the food as he was waking the sleeping trio.

"About as good as I was able too; please tell me you didn't spend much on groceries for us Cora. We said we could help out to pitch in for groceries whenever we need too." Tyki leaned against the counter drinking the freshly made coffee from his mug and moved when the others came for their coffee.

"I don't mind Tyki; it helps that my job pays a little better and besides I've saved up plenty to help out. You guys have let me stay with you's when you didn't have too and you let me travel with you's as well which I'm grateful for. And if it means I have to use my money to get food and drinks or whatever else then so be it I don't mind helping out." I smiled softly looking to Tyki unable to see his eyes through his thick lens glasses.

Tyki chuckled softly and I blushed when he pecked my forehead. "Thank you Cora." He smiled when he heard a small set of footsteps coming our way and he turned pouring Eezee some coffee as well to warm the child up.

I kneeled and giggled when Eezee gave me a hug like always. "Morning Eezee; sleep okay?"

"Uh huh; thank you for letting me use the extra blanket last night you didn't get cold did you Cora?" Eezee looked to me worried.

I smiled softly. "No I didn't I promise; I had an extra blanket and besides I don't want you getting sick again in such a short time."

"I'll be alright big sis I promise." Eezee went to the table as he sat when I brought him his food and utensils.

Once I made sure everyone had what they needed I grabbed my food and Utensils last and moved sitting down with the guys and listened to Tyki and his two friends talking about the day and joking around.

I was reading a medical book as I ate and jumped when my book vanished and playfully rolled my eyes and looked to see Tyki smirking. "Yes?"

"Are you busy today? We got the day off and we were wondering if you wanted to join us." Tyki spoke as he had his cigarette already while he watched me.

I thought about it and smiled softly nodding my head. "Yeah why not; I'm off today as well and besides I do believe I have my new cards unopened so there is no way for anyone here to cheat."

Tyki's P.O.V
Tyki laughed when he heard what Cora said about cheating he had to admit that it was funny since he knew Cora would catch any of them if they cheated.

Tyki was glad for once that he didn't have any missions so far for the Earl but he would take what he could get. Tyki watched as everyone ate and he noticed Cora would keep reading her book and he snatched it away again.

"Cora relax for a little while; your always reading your medical books and have hardly relaxed in the time we have been here." Tyki snatched the book again from Cora and chuckled as she got up trying to get the book back which to Tyki was cute seeing her face turn red and how much shorter she was then him.

Cora blushed darkly when Tyki caught her and he pecked her forehead again. "T-Tyki please I need to..."

"You need to slow down and take your own advice to take care of yourself. When was the last time you actually took time to yourself Cora?" Tyki watched the woman and saw her bite her lip which he learnt was a quirk if hers whenever she was nervous, lying, upset or in any form stressed. Tyki set her book up and brought her close to him before guiding her over to the table. "You need to relax your just as important as us Cora; come on let's play some cards."

Tyki saw her smile softly and he held her chair for her till she sat and he gently pushed her chair in and he took his seat watching as his friend wearing the toque dealt their cards.

"Thank you Tyki." Cora whispered so only he heard but Tyki smiled softly looking to her.

"Any time Cora; besides you do lots for us and many people we can't let our medic get sick right?" Tyki smiled as he started cheating when he noticed his friends cheating already at the start of their game.

Cora's P.O.V
I smiled softly with a light blush on my cheeks knowing Tyki was right that I hadn't been taking time to myself from my job. "So I was listening to many of the men here at the Mine they said there's a slim chance of anyone getting paid."

Tyki sighed softly. "Well your not wrong there and is three have been talking about moving what do you think?"

"Well Moving would benefit us all but where would we go?" I played my cards as one of the guys with longer hair spoke up.

"I have a friend up at another mine that said there's always need for more workers and they need another medic up there as well. We can leave with in the next day or so and we'll have the jobs." He spoke and grumbled when he lost.

I smirked when it was just myself and Tyki and I kept a poker face on without a problem. "I think that's a good idea I can see what time the earliest train leaves tomorrow."

Tyki smiled as we showed our cards and I had a Royal Flush and he had a pair. "Do you mind that if I come with? I need to pick up more cigarettes today anyways."

"You know you should lay if those cancer sticks; how many packs a day do you smoke?" I lightly scolded Tyki and got a shrug in response from him.