Chapter 14

Cora's P.O.V
During the night I could feel whenever I would move Tyki would move so he could feel me near him wether it was cuddling me close or using me as his pillow.

When I started waking up I noticed I could hear breathing and a heart beat as I yawned softly opening my eyes and grumbled when the sun was shining in my eyes. I pulled the blankets over my head to hear Tyki chuckling at my antics.

"Morning my butterfly; how did you sleep?" Tyki yawned softly as he sat up and I blushed seeing the sleepy look on his face.

"Oh...um g-good; how are you feeling?" I checked on him hoping that his inner noah was calm.

Tyki smiled softly as he held me against him and I noticed he pushed the blanket off of us and I cuddled into him.

"I feel alright; I'm sorry about last night. You needed the sleep and I..."

"No don't you dare be sorry for something that you couldn't help, I'm just glad that you let me help you Tyki." I smiled softly. "I guess we better get ready for the day; after all I'm moving into your room with you."

Tyki chuckled softly. "Well then since your moving in with me; I better get ready. You know I have some missions after and I'd love for you to come with me; I'm sure you will enjoy going somewhere new and not needing to hide. Perhaps we can check on our friends later especially Eeze."

I sat up smiling as I nodded my head. "Only if I'm allowed to come with you on your missions; if not then I guess I'm enjoying the day to myself." I had tried to get up but laughed happily when Tyki caught me and started tickling my sides.

I was very ticklish on my sides and Tyki knew that since he used it whenever he wanted to find a way to playfully punish me. I used my teleportation to escape his tickle attack as we played around as the morning sun shined on us in our bedroom.

Finally after half an hour we both decided to get ready since breakfast would soon be ready and we didn't want to miss having breakfast with the family. Once we were both ready we walked to where everyone was and walked in taking our seats and blushed softly as like always Tyki held out my chair for me as I sat down.

Tyki smirked playfully as he took his seat on my right side. The way the order went was Earl at the head and on his left was Road, Tyki, and myself. On the opposite side was Devitt, Jasdero and Skin. I sighed softly seeing the food and put up a barrier as Skin got ticked that the food wasn't sweet and I shook my head a little before I started eating and I had snuck a medical book to read as I ate.

Road and Earl were trying to get Road's homework done which was amusing as Tyki and the others got wrangled and I easily got out of it. After I finished my food I had a glass of water before I kept reading till my book was stolen and I looked up with a slight glare at Tyki who chuckled.

"Sorry we were trying to get your attention; or more like Earl was and like usual you were blocking out everything. How the heck do you do that?"

Earl was chuckling in his spot. "It's called selective hearing Tyki-pon; it's when a person is concentrating enough that they can block out everything going on around them including sounds."

I blushed softly. "Forgive me Earl; I always do it whenever I'm reading especially my medical books. Tyki usually just takes me book away to grab my attention."

Earl chuckled softly as he relaxed. "It's alright; now tell me what made you want to be a medic?"

"I like helping people when I can that's how I managed to keep enough money in my pocket to get by when I was younger aside from winning people's money." I relaxed back into my chair as the Earl was listening to me talk.

Road looked between us curiously. "How come you ran away from home? Surely you would have been missed?"

"My so called family never wanted me; when I was a baby I was brought to an orphanage where I was found on the steps in the middle of a rain storm apparently my powers have always been with me since I was a baby since my barrier was around me protectively and as I got older the other kids like to pick on me till I was thirteen...there was a day the care takers weren't watching some of us teens and had us doing chores outside. The minute they turned their backs many of us slipped out and took to the streets; we learnt many ways of survival all our lives and well it was a doctor that had found me helping a hurt child...I had used my healing gift but the child was the doctors nephew. He took me in and started teaching me medical things; eventually I started helping him in his office. Then one day...his child had been killed and he was in so much grief that; you dear Earl must have greeted him and made him into an akuma."

Earl looked over before he thought and smiled. "Ah yes I do remember him; he would have done anything to bring his child back...well in a way I did and he became a very useful akuma. If I believe correctly he had became a level three before he was killed by an exorcist."

"A general to be exact; I believe his name was Cross? Maybe I'm not a hundred percent sure all I know is when I had visited again people were saying a man wearing a half face mask had destroyed an akuma. No one knew I was back in the area I was only looking for a certain orphanage; I had made enough money and would go back and leave some money just enough that they could use it for the children or for anything they needed."

Tyki perked up as he was having his smoke but I could see he was tense. "That man with half a face mask is General Marian Cross and we have been looking for him. He's a menace for many of us; he's learnt in the ways of magic and use's it against us...not only that he has two innocence."

I was surprised as I looked to the family who all nodded their heads confirming what Tyki said. "Two innocence? That's not possible; unless..." I thought about how all innocence could be and how usually accommodators only possessed one innocence.

"He has a body that he use's as a puppet called Marie; with that he can hide himself or whoever he choose's. Make's him a very dangerous man to be fighting; worse then the other generals." Earl spoke seeing the look on my face.

"A corpse? So one innocence in that body which wouldn't break the rule of him having his own personal innocence. But what is his innocence?"

"He has a gun making him an equipment type." Road spoke up next. "How do you know so much about the innocence?"

"I do study and to keep myself from being caught I always had to know what each innocence was like and if I had to leave or if I could stay. Thankfully I met Tyki and I can avoid the worst of the exorcists." I looked up and saw Tyki smirking as he knew I was always alert when we went into town.