Chapter 5

Tyki Mikk's P.O.V
Tyki watched and listened to Cora talking with his family and smiled when he watched Cora help Road with her homework. He looked toward the Earl who was happily watching the newest addition to his family helping Road.

"I don't know why we have to know Bedmas anyways; I can't get it." Road complained pouting as she struggled.

Cora smiled softly. "It's alright I struggled with it lots as well. But that's why we break it down in steps."

"How do we break it down? I'm confused Cora can't you do my homework for me?"

Cora chuckled shaking her head. "No I can't this is for you to learn Road." Grabbing a blank piece of paper and started writing out how to do it. "It goes Brackets, Exponents, Division, Multiplication, Addition, Subtraction. So long as you do the question in these steps then you in theory should be able to get the right answer."

Road was listening and figured it out. "Oh so then I do the questions in the brackets first?"

Cora smiled. "Yep that's right." Cora kept helping Road and Tyki smiled when Road got the answer right and had ended up hugging Cora happily.

Tyki smiled softly as he watched the two ladies keep working on Road's homework till she had at least her math done. Once supper was done Tyki caught sight of Cora yawning and chuckled softly as he stood. "Your tired Cora; you have had a long day."

Cora looked to him smiling softly. "Yes your right it has been a long day." Looking to Road. "I know it's the weekend tomorrow how about we finish your homework you need help with anything else."

"That would be great thank you Cora. Have a goodnight." Road have Cora a quick hug before she let Cora get up with Tyki's help and he let Cora leave the room first after they said goodnight to the rest of the family.

Tyki walked with Cora and let her hold onto his hand lacing his fingers gently with his as he hummed softly. "Thank you for helping Road with her homework; the rest of us minus Earl normally just put the wrong answers in for her."

"I don't mind helping her understand her homework; I mean she's a bright young lady and you know it the whole family knows it." Cora smiled softly as she spoke.

"Yes she is; she's actually the second oldest Noah here...there was one that killed most of the family and only her and Earl survived. It's why there's a small number of our family at the moment. In time the rest will reincarnate so we have to keep an eye out for them; but we know...well our Noah's can sense one another like when another Noah wakes up. It feels like a jolt of electricity goes through us actually." Tyki spoke as they got to their room which Tyki was grateful they could share. Tyki liked it when they would cuddle once in awhile when they slept. "Do you want me to go get your things Cora?"

"No I can summon my things here don't worry Tyki. It's not that hard for me I'll be a little played out but a little sleep I should be better by tomorrow." Cora walked into the room before Tyki and closed her eyes summoning her things to her which thankfully wasn't much and she blushed when Tyki showed her half the walk in closet was hers.

Cora's P.O.V
I blushed when Tyki showed me half the walk in closet was mine but with my minimal things they didn't take up much room and my books went on the book shelves.

The room was big but I didn't mind that we would be sharing a bed lots of nights Tyki usually let me rest close to him it kept bad memories and dreams away. I felt safe when I was close I knew that the world was mostly his enemy including exorcists but I didn't like the idea of Tyki getting hurt anymore or even worse.

"Such a serious expression that you have Cora; what's on your mind?" Tyki has already gone and changed and came out where I was sitting on the bed.

"I-I just think...I was thinking that I don't like seeing you hurt and I don't want to see anything bad happen to anyone here. Your a family and I can see that you take care of each other; I don't want to loose you either...you have been there for me ever since we met." I spoke biting my lip as Tyki sat and cuddled into him as he hugged me.

"I'm not going anywhere Cora; believe it or not since we met you have become special to me as well. Your family to me; it's why I would do anything to keep you safe and sound. It's why since the first time we met I took you with us cause no one deserves to be alone." Tyki spoke seriously.

I blushed darkly and moved cuddling him some. "Your family to me as well; it's why I would do anything for you Tyki. You gave me a place to call home and I met amazing people." I smiled softly and gasped softly when a butterfly landed on me and I saw it was different. "Beautiful."

"Their called Teez; each size is a different level. This one is a level two I believe it should be a level two soon thought; the more they eat the more they get stronger and grow." Tyki spoke as he chuckled when the Teez made itself at home on my hand when I noticed the spades on it's wings.

I smiled softly looking at the designs on it's wings and giggled. "The same designs as playing cards interesting."

Tyki chuckled. "This one will remain with you; it also acts kind of like a golem does so even when we're not together we can find one another. Your Teez can find my Teez; but you must understand there are many of exorcists that you need to be weary of cause of how strong they are."

"I know the generals are much stronger then the rest of the exorcists; but I know that there are weapon and parasite type exorcists. I've seen that a majority of the exorcists are weapons which isn't to hard for me to hold back with my barrier but like I said the more I use my powers the quicker I drain." I leaned back as my Teez went and rested above the doorway and rested.

Tyki thought and smiled. "Well then maybe before we allow you out into the field with us; we need to train you and push you past your boundaries. That's the only way we can make you strong enough to survive battles; plus I have seen you fight with a handle to a rake I think a battle staff would be good for you to have. I mean then even if you can't use your powers you would still have a weapon that I know you can fight with." Tyki thought as he walked to his balcony opening the door and took out his cigarette and lighter and lit his cigarette.

I thought about what he said and nodded my head. "I'm going to agree with that; I mean I can't always rely on my powers at some point their going to fail and I would rather be able to save enough energy so if I have too...I can at least teleport out of danger."

Tyki nodded his head as he brushed his hair back to show off his holy marks on his forehead. "Well then it seems we have a plan; tomorrow we're going to start your training and we're going to push you hard."