Chapter 23

Cora's P.O.V
It has been a long road of healing for not just Tyki but his Noah as well; I lost count of how many times their power would flare and even the windows would shatter. I had gotten so use to it happening that I could always summon my barrier and it had gotten stronger; the most it would do sometimes is crack but I would never leave Tyki alone.

One day as Road had come back I was checking on her and Tyki slowly walked into the room; I had looked up and saw the relieved look on his face and I smiled softly. "She'll be awake soon; I'm going to be bringing Sheril here today as well."

"Earl figures I can leave the ark; if you want we can go together it's been awhile since I last lost control of my powers." Tyki leaned against the door before he walked over and gently touched Road's cheek. "I'm glad that's she's back and safe...I'm sorry I snapped that day."

I smiled softly as I stood with his help. "It wasn't your fault Tyki; and you kept myself and Road safe as well. We are all here together and that's all that matters; we're going to be looking for family members that may just be waking up which means myself and Earl willing be coming and going often and if you want you can help out as well."

Tyki smiled kissing my forehead before we left Road as she slept and Tyki gently closed the door after we walked out and I held his hand as we walked. "Spending time with you? I like that idea; shall we get ready to go get Sheril then my love?"

"Yes we should." I could see that it was a sunny day and I giggled when Tyki brought me outside and I winced covering my eyes until they adjusted and I relaxed loving the heat of the sun.

Today the Earl made the weather warm for us and I rarely came out since I had pale skin and could easily look like a cooked lobster even with sunscreen on me.

Tyki smiled softly as we both enjoyed the warmth of the sun as we sat on a bench and I knew he needed this as well. The wounds were healing nicely and many were pretty much scars with me helping his to heal.

"When was the last time you came outside Cora?" Tyki spoke softly as he was placing soft kisses on the side of my neck.

I was blushing darkly and knew my heart was racing; I could tell he was amused as I thought or tried to think of the answer to his question. "B-before the fight."

"Then you need this just as much as I do; I noticed before that you seem to feel better when your in the elements."

"I do feel better; it's like...well like the elements chase away all bad things from inside me. And being in the sun I can feel it chasing away any cold in me, like it's warmth is covering me in a hug and that it goes to my core."

Tyki listened as I spoke and looked up when the Earl showed up. "Earl."

Earl smiled softly seeing the two of us outside. "I'm sorry I couldn't help but to over hear you both talking, I think I'm understanding your powers better my dear. It's sad that the elements can help you to heal yourself or that of another; everyone is said to be born to an element but if you think about it we all have a way of connecting to them."

I thought about what Earl said and gasped softly. "I remember reading something like it in the library here, water connects to our blood, air is our breath, earth is our body, and fire is our determination but their connected by the element of spirit of which all living beings have."

Tyki was surprised but smiled as he thought. "Now that I think about it; every time you have been at your strongest when healing people you always have a window open if we're inside along with water, you healed me some after a fight before with an exorcist and we were along a creek but when you healed me it was so much stronger feeling. Maybe your powers are stronger with the elements around you."