Chapter 29

Tyki's P.O.V
It had been awhile since the attack on the Exorcists and he heard that awhile after the attack the branch in England moved to a new base and he figured it was due to their location being known. But himself, Cora and Road had just come back from a recon mission and they needed to report back to the Earl immediately when they found out information about Allen Walker.

It was actually Cora who had found out the information and she must have been worried as she had her fingers wrapped with Tyki's and her hand was slightly shaking a sign that her adrenaline was up and he hoped she wouldn't have an anxiety attack. She had one a week ago and it had scared Tyki of how much energy she had used in that anxiety attack it had drained her that it took a couple days before she was herself again and able to resume her duties.

Cora had walked in with Tyki and Road into the dining room where everyone met and she smiled softly blushing as Tyki held out her chair. "Thank you my love."

"Anything for you butterfly." Tyki pecked her lips softly but quickly as he gently pushed her in before sitting on her right and holding her hand again in an attempt to soothe her nerves.

Tyki could tell that Cora was scared and nervous about something; she was tense and he looked to Earl seriously and gave a slight shake of his head not wanting anyone to push Cora. He moved a hand and gently started rubbing her back and felt her tense before slowly relaxing for him again.

Earl noticed that Tyki was staying close to Cora and on high alert. "Are you alright my dear?"

"Yes sir; just been feeling a little under the weather sir." Cora spoke and thanked Tyki as he rubbed her back and she sighed softly but happily.

"Now I believe that you two had something to report." Earl spoke as the family became quiet.

Tyki looked to Cora who nodded her head and Tyki spoke. "During our little trip outside the ark myself and Cora had followed some exorcists and over heard them talking about Allen Walker. Apparently he is in a cell in the order and General Cross is dead."

Cora looked up hearing the shocked muttering. "They have no proof as his body vanished from his room that night; they also know that Allen Walker has fourteenth in him. The big boss is there trying to get answers from Allen, but I believe there is more."

Earl frowned listening and he sighed already having an idea. "There is an independent innocence that goes by the name of Apocryphos; this innocence wants to destroy all rest and merge itself with the heart."

"Why the heart?" Devitt spoke from his spot.

Cora frowned before she caught on. "Because the heart controls all the innocence. If it gets the heart is could control all the innocence, and we also found out that the innocence is evolving, is started when Allen Walker's innocence saved him after Tyki attacked him back in Edo and the exorcists brought them back to their Japanese branch where the innocence merged with his heart, the next one to evolve after Allen is the girl Lenalee...we watched a little more and believe Yuu Kanda is alive but, he went back to the exorcists to get back his innocence there is a good chance he'll evolve as well."

Earl frowned as he listened and Cora along with the family all sat back a little seeing that the Earl's hands were clutched. "Tyki, Cora well done you two. Cora dear what don't you go rest I'm sure your tired."

"Thank you Earl." Cora got up as Tyki stood helping her. "I'm alright Tyki."

Earl smiled watching the couple as Tyki wouldn't leave Cora's side as they left the room to their own.

Random P.O.V's

Sheril had been watching and he spoke up. "My lord I have always been curious since I met Cora and then seeing how her and Tyki are together. How long have they known one another?"

"From what Tyki told me it's been a few years; when he worked in the human world as a miner he met her and brought her with himself and his group when he found out that she is a healer. She would work in the camps they were working at and make sure things were ready for them by the time they got back to the cabin at The end of the day. I myself had been curious along with Road when we saw Tyki pacing and smoking whenever he was away from that world; like there was somewhere else he wanted to be."

"Earl had me follow Tyki for a bit and one day I saw him go to a market where he grabbed groceries from Cora's arms. He scolded her about spending what money she had for groceries but she didn't seem to mind; Tyki was happy and relaxed around her. There had been a small accident not long after they got back to their cabin and Cora was of course the first out the door with Tyki and the others following; she started giving orders when a child had gotten trapped under some fallen materials. She subtly used her healing on minor wounds and used the rest of her medical know how to tend to the broken leg; people thought the boy would loose it but he didn't. They called Cora and Angel in the places they went too; and I suppose for Tyki she is his Angel, his reason for keeping his humanity in check and to fight for it."

Lulu had been sitting besides Road, Wisely and Sheril and spoke up. "I know Tyki is the Noah of Pleasures and the one with the most humanity but surely his Noah..."

"His Noah is very protective of her; this isn't just one part of him that loves that woman this is all of Tyki. If anyone or anything so much as breaths or looks at her the wrong way I can guarantee they will regret it, on the old ark she was there the day of the battle and even when his humanity snapped he only had one thought." Earl responded sitting back in his seat in his human form seriously.

"Get Cora to protection; if she's safe then he knew if anything happened to him that at least she would be waiting for him and would help him come back to himself. Earl was waiting on this ark and I sent her back by using my door; she had waited for Earl to bring Tyki back to this ark and started working on healing Tyki. His Noah knew who she was and receded back into Tyki to allow her to heal him as well. For awhile the pain of the scars would get so bad and the odd time when his power flared he would shatter all glass and whenever she had a cut she never got mad. She would just tell him it was alright and would heal herself the best her could and then try to reduce the pain; she made him tea's to help reduce the pain and gave him proper medicines till they weren't needed any longer." Road thought and smiled softly.

Sheril smiled softly as he thought about how Tyki would always look for Cora and when they were outside his sights only left her long enough to talk to others or if she was with anyone else he never worried. "Tyki knows she's safe here; but when the final fight comes she will need..."

"Cora will stand besides us; she's already made that clear awhile back. Why do you think she trains for hours on end? Why she has us helping in any way we can. Devitt, Jasdero...what would you say about her training how is she doing?" Earl spoke as he looked to the twins.

Devitt smirked leaning against his twin. "She's progressed since we first met her that's for sure; she's quick in her teleporting and landing hits. She adapts to the battle, she's observant. We used the glasses on her from the start so she can concentrate on her other senses and I'm impressed she's also gotten better with gathering her energy around her hand to use the energy as a blade in battle."

"She's able to do what? Well now seems Cora's starting to push herself a little more. She needs to be in nature once in awhile as well; it seems to soothe her and allow her to heal properly and regain any energy she needs." Lulu was thinking as she spoke; she had seen Cora in a garden the Earl and Road made for her and it had seemed to relax the young woman. "Not to mention she's helping Sheril's wife as well."

"Yes she is; my wife has been a little more energetic but like Cora said this might just be temporary. She's been studying everything she can to try and help Trish." Sheril replied.

"No matter what happens; if things get too dangerous then Cora will be sent somewhere safe for her. I know she won't like it but I'm sure Tyki will agree; she's his top priority." Earl looked to his family and saw them all agree. Cora came to know them all and they knew her; for Tyki they would keep her safe no matter the cost.