𝟏

december 2019...

Annual trips to America were one of Quinn's favourite things. The almost constant sun in Florida and the warm weather was a complete opposite to the cloudy and dreary weather of London.

So, when the girl arrived in Florida, she knew to make the most of it. Her parents off with her siblings meant she was stuck at her grandparents with nothing really to do.

She ended up on YouTube, coming across this Minecraft Youtuber called Dream. Clicking on his most recent video named 'Minecraft, But Item Drops Are Multiplied Every Time... AGAIN' she was absolutely thrilled by the content he made.

At this time, the faceless content creator was rapidly approaching 1 million subscribers, so she decided to press the red button now, convinced he would make it big one day.

After around another hour of watching videos non-stop, Quinn had the idea to go to the old flower shop her grandma used to always take her to. They used to always get a simple bouquet of flowers, although she usually visited in summer so didn't know the differences in which flowers would be there.

'I'm going out!' she shouted into the room her grandparents, who just told her to stay safe and be back soon.

It was only a five minute walk, in them few minutes Quinn had started to search over the internet for more things about Dream and his two friends GeorgeNotFound and Sapnap, finding them both equally as funny.

In this search, she found that Dream, also known as Clay, lived in Florida, joking to herself that she might see him.

And in her mind, the real reason she loved the content so much is because it reminded her of her childhood. She was forced to grow up so quickly, so being able to watch this sort of content when she was slightly older was a thing she liked.

Somehow the shop owner always managed to remember her. Maybe it was because her grandma never shut up about her, her siblings branded her as 'Nan's Favourite', or maybe because no one else ever really seemed to be in the shop.

But for the first time in however many years she had visited, she wasn't alone in the shop. There was a boy, seemed about her age but could easily pass as someone older due to his height. He was ridiculously tall, his head often nearly scraped the top of the hanging baskets if he crouched down to look at some of the lower down flowers.

After quickly saying hello to Quinn the shop-owner, who had been given the nickname 'Flora' by the girl at a young age, went out the back to tend to some flowers, leaving Quinn and the mystery boy.

She hadn't been able to get a good look at him until this point, where he was just admiring some of the flowers lining the walls.

He had extremely fluffy hair. She couldn't tell why that was the first thing she noticed but she did. He had these greyish eyes, in a weird way they were magical looking.

He had very good fashion in the eyes of Quinn. Coming from the UK where the majority of boys her age wore tracksuits or joggers all the time, this boys jeans and Hawaiian shirt was definitely more fashion-foward.

Quinn was debating talking to him, nearly doing it until she noticed Flora walk back in the front of the shop.

With that, Quinn quickly picked up the prettiest bunch of flowers in sight, paying and heading out, thinking about what would've been different if she had said even one word to him.

hello!

few things to remember-
-> i've made a fake name and home location for ranboo
-> if ranboo is uncomfortable i will take this down
-> i love you all
-> carry on reading :)