𝟏𝟒

Humming as 'Twist and Shout' by The Beatles came through her airpods, Quinn was just about finished with the portrait of Louis. After leaving the call with both Niki and Louis, she went straight onto the art.

It wasn't great in the 17 year olds eyes. But then, her standards for herself were so ridiculously high that she would condemn herself whenever she made a minuscule flaw which in the grand scheme of things, didn't really have any level of importance.

She ended up adding colour in the end, it looked really bland at first so she found some, albeit not very great quality, paint. It did in the end make some of the features of the boys face look more potent.

His cheeks were flushed a slight pink on the canvas, and his eyes were surprisingly the same colour to what they looked in real life. It did take her about 20 minutes to get it to the colour that she could remember, so if they were slightly off she couldn't really be blamed.

So, getting dressed for the day and as the song changed to 'Drive my Car' by The Beatles, Quinn just felt happy. The vibe in the room was perfect for how she wanted it, and it was going to be a great day.

'Hello Flora!' the girl smiled as the woman was changing the sign out the front to say open instead of closed

The woman looked up to the girl, noticing she had a canvas hidden behind her back. A knowing smirk on her face, she looked at the girl and raised her eyebrows.

'He's indoors if you want to speak to him, he came by slightly early', to who which Quinn quickly thanked her and went in.

'Hello Louis!' she saw him sat on the edge of the counter, scrolling through his phone and liking tweets. His eyes flicked upwards slightly, at first being scared by the new voice but being calmed when seeing Quinn.

'Hello, uh, you ok?' he saw her rocking on her feet from side to side whilst she moved closer to him.

'Yeah, so you got me in that call with Niki and them lilies, so I wanted to repay you in a way, I know it's not great and it looks terrible in this lighting but I made this for you' Quinn brought the painting towards him and pushing to him.

His eyes widened as he saw the amazingly similar painting to himself, the resemblance was uncanny. And even if Quinn said it didn't look good, in his eyes it was amazing.

'That's incredible, oh my' he muttered, bringing it slightly closer to his eyes so he can look at it in better detail. He loved how it looked like him on one of his calls, where he would have messy hair and looked less put together, he believed it made more cute that she payed attention to his while he called her occasionally in the morning.

'It is?' Quinn really doubted her abilities, the validation that he gave her made it feel like an accomplishment, not a failure that she felt obligated to show him.

'Yeah, you're really talented' he gave a small smile, and Quinn felt the floating feeling again.

The floating feeling started to make more sense. It was the feeling she got whenever she felt loved by him. And maybe the weird things that her head had been making her believe that it wasn't a crush had been lying to her.