Life

~-R-~

How you met:
(Your Point of View)
I could hear the rattle of the box bringing up the newest victim to be trapped here for eternity as I sat cross legged at the edge of the opening. As soon as the doors were opened I peered inside to see an extremely good looking guy about my age staring up at me. An alarmed and overwhelmed look adorned his perfect features as he squinted his eyes trying to block out the sun which must've been blinding him after being in the dim box for such an extensive period of time.

The guys dragged him out and soon he was on his feet, staggering in a circle, surveying his surroundings as I also rose to my feet. His eyes eventually fell on me as I smiled at him reassuringly. Arguing consumed the Glade yet I heard nothing, I just couldn't tear my eyes away from his gaze. After what seemed like hours, his gorgeous amber eyes eventually ripped away from mine in order to comprehend what he had just been thrown into.

After plenty of yelling and quarrelling from my fellow Gladers, everyone eventually dispersed and I watched as 'Greenie' slid down the rough face of a tree nearby, closing his eyes, obviously too overwhelmed to do much else. I crouched down next to him as he remained completely motionless, obviously unaware of my presence. "Hey", I spoke up giggling as his eyes immediately slammed open and he bumped the back of his head on the tree which he was resting on. "Sorry", I uttered pathetically still slightly laughing, "I've never been too good with introductions".
"No problem", he mumbled back in reply before asking, "Are you Chuckie?" I laughed again as I shook my head, sticking my hand out.

"The names (Y/N)"
"Thomas", he replied shaking my outstretched hand. Shivers ran down my spine at his touch as our eyes once again locked in an intense staring battle. "(Y/N) GET YOUR SHUCKING BUTT OVER HERE", Newt screamed at me as my hand left Thomas' whilst rapidly climbing to my feet. "See ya later Tom", I smiled before running off to see what that bloody Newt wanted. I glanced back momentarily just in time to see a small smile fleet across his flawless face.

First kiss:
I sat at the opening of the maze, wishing Newt would have let me help search for the missing Gladers. A million thoughts rapidly whizzed through my brain and I placed my head in my hands as I tried not to think of all the ways Thomas could be dying at that very moment. I felt physically sick to my stomach at the thought of never seeing him again. Even though I had only known him a few days I felt so close to him as if I had known him my whole life. Why did he have to be the big hero and run in the bloody maze to rescue Minho and Alby??

*Flashback*

We were standing at the entrance/exit of the maze, the walls rapidly closing where we witnessed Minho struggling to carry an unconscious Alby. As much as I didn't want to admit it I knew that they wouldn't make it even if someone else was there to assist. Thomas and I looked at each other before he looked back at the two Runners again then back at me as if he was trying to make a decision.

I shook my head slowly at him suddenly realising what he was contemplating, knowing that the chances of him making it out of the maze were zero to none. Before I could stop him he sprang forward and into the maze and I automatically went after him only to be pulled back by Newt. The walls slid shut as I wrapped my arms around Newt and buried my face into his chest, sobbing shamelessly and uncontrollably as he rubbed my back. Both of us aware that we would never see them again.

*End of Flashback*

I lifted my head up and launched myself to my feet at an alarming rate as I heard the anticipated sound of people running. My head spun from the sudden movement and I closed my eyes as I tried to get rid of the dark spots which clouded my vision. As soon as I felt the world stop spinning I opened my eyes expecting to see the others Gladers who had gone in, to be empty handed, so I readied myself to sprint into the maze to try and receive the stupid little shank; who I cared for so dearly; myself, when I saw a group of hazy outlines. My eyes widened when the figures came more into focus... Thomas was with them.

I ran towards him, not caring about anything or anyone else and embraced him in a tight hug. My arms draped securely around his neck with my head leaning on his shoulder and his strong arms wrapped around my waist, resting his head upon mine. I drew away and looked up at him, smiling bashfully, only to be gently pulled back again but this time his lips crashed onto mine.
Everything appeared to be in slow motion. My eyes fluttered close as I leaned into his touch. My hands loosely found their way to the back of Thomas' neck where I drew him in closer. Once I felt as if my lungs were going to collapse I pulled back once again, looking into his warm eyes. I had never felt more safe in this prison we now call home.