Sweet and Soft

~-T-~

About one week after she came was when you started to feel it. It was kinda hard to put a name to what you felt, at first anyway. But then you realized what you felt. Jealously. There was nearly non doubt about it. You usually felt it when Newt was around Teresa. You hated those moments with all of your heart. Every time you saw them together, laughing and talking, you tried to push the feeling out of your system, but you just couldn't. You tried to convince yourself that they were just friends. Just friends; they're just friends, you told yourself, trying to push that feeling of jealously out of your heart.

But there came a point when you just couldn't take it anymore. You decided you would tell Newt how you feel before you went to sleep. Nearly the entire day was spent thinking about what you'd say to him. In fact, you spent so long trying to figure out what to say, that dinner time rolled along quicker than you'd expected it to, and you had barely managed to finish your chores.

You ate with Newt, Minho and the rest of the boys, like usual, and the new addition to the group. Teresa. God, how you hated that name. Yet she -and her name- were always around you now, wherever you would always hear someone saying the name 'Teresa'. You hated it. Soon enough dinner was over and everyone made their way to their hammocks or the Homestead. You and Newt walked over to the hammocks, hand in hand, when you decided to tell him. Mustering up some courage, you dragged him a bit off route, more towards the direction of the Deadheads than the direction of the Homestead. "Y/N, babe? What's wrong?" Newt asked when you pulled him into the shadows of the Deadheads.

"Newt there's something that I need to tell you," you started.

"What is it? You know you can tell me anything," he told you, tucking a piece of your hair behind you ear.

"Um, you know Teresa," Idiot, of course he knows Teresa, she's the reason why you are having this conversation. Newt nods in understanding, and you could see the confusion on his face. "Well, you've been spending a lot of time with Teresa and well, I've been getting this feeling... like, I feel jealous when you're around her," You closed your eyes and let out a shaky sigh. It was over now; you've told him, nothing you can do anymore.

It was silent for a few moments, and you thought that Newt might leave you right at this moment and never come. He would just go with Teresa and never set eyes on you again. With every passing second you felt your heart sink into a dark abyss, thinking that this was the day you've been regretting for...forever.

But then Newt broke the silence, "Wait. What? You'd actually think that I'd leave you -the prettiest, smartest and most beautiful girl I have ever met- for her?"

"Well...maybe..." you answered, not sure what to say.

"No, no. Not ever would I leave you for her," He promised. There was silence for a couple more seconds before Newt spoke up again, "If it makes you feel any better to know, I get jealous every time you talk to another guy. And, you know; since there are loads of guys here, just imagine how I would feel,"

"Oh..." you said, feeling quite stupid for feeling jealous that he had just been talking to Teresa for little over a week, whereas you had been talking to other guys for near enough three years. The jealousy that you had experienced was absolutely nothing compared to what Newt had to put up with, you now realised. "I'm sorry, Newt," you told him, suddenly feeling bad.

Newt shook his head and sighed, whilst bringing you into his embrace, "You don't have anything to apologize for," He kept you in his arms for a few more moments, your arms wrapped around his hips now, "If it makes you feel any better, I'll spend less time with her,"

You shook your head against his chest, "Nah, it's okay,"

"You sure?" you nodded, "Whatever you say, babe," he concluded, whilst placing a single, soft and sweet kiss into your hair.