Silent Screams

~-T-~

"How long has it been since we've been here?" Minho asked as he plopped down on the large couch. "Almost a year now? It's been too long." He sighed happily as he crossed one foot over the other as they rested on top of the coffee table.

"We're only here for one night so we might as well make it last." Teresa pointed out as she sat down next to Minho. "So who's up for swimming in the lake?"

"I am." Minho chimed in along with Thomas.

"You up for it?" Newt glanced down at me from where he sat on the couch's arm while I sat on the couch.

"This late at night?" I asked nervously as I looked out the window to see that the sun was just moments from slipping behind the mountains. "There's no lights out there or anything?"

"There's just the light of the moon." Minho winked at me jokingly, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"C'mon, it'll be fun." Newt murmured to me. "I'll be there the whole time to protect you from whatever's hiding out there in the woods." Newt chuckled as he leant down and tickled my sides causing my worried look to turn into a fit of giggles.

"Ah, fine! Let's go." I laughed as I tried to squirm away from Newt.

"Meet you there!" I called out to the boys as I pulled Newt off of the chair's arm and towards the stairs of the cabin.

"Hey, No funny business before! We're too young to be uncles." Minho jokingly shouted after us.

"No promises!" I yelled back, chuckling.

We finally made it to the top of the stairs and walked down the hall to the bedroom that we would be sharing for the night. I went over to my duffle bag and found my bathing suit along with shorts and a tank top to wear over it.

I walked over to Newt where he was finding his swim trunks and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before heading into the bathroom.

"What, no kiss on the lips?" Newt pouted from outside the door.

"Nope!" I called out loud enough for him to hear me.

It was silent for a couple minutes on the other side of the door while I finished changing into my bathing suit and other clothes. Once I was finished, I opened the bathroom door to find Newt leaning one arm against the door frame, a small pout on his lips as he asked, "Please?"

"You are such a dork." I giggled before pressing my lips to his. I moved to pull away, but Newt brought my lips back, capturing my lips for a few more moments before we heard calls for us to come down stairs.

We quickly grabbed our towels before heading down stairs, meeting the boys outside the cabin.

A stone path led us down a small hill until we made it to the medium sized lake that stood in the center of the small group of cabins. Our single cabin was the only one with lights illuminating it as we seemed to be the only ones renting one out this night.

The moon hung high in the sky, being our only source of light other than those of our phones as we sauntered towards the short dock. We dropped our towels on the wood, along with our clothes before jumping into the lake.

The water was warmer than expected for an October night. It didn't quite shock my skin as much as I expected.

I swam over to Newt, reaching my hand out to him before he quickly brought me close to him, wrapping his arms tightly around me as we waded in the lake. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and pulled him close as I kissed him, letting my lips linger on his.