Little Girl

~-M-~

Kinda BSM, but kinda not

The Box was sounding its monthly alarm and everyone was rushing to get to the metallic device. As all the boys circled around, the doors opened with a loud creak. Expecting to see the average teenage boy, scared out of his wits and just about to klunk his pants, they prepared their witty remarks about how silly he would look.

They didn't see, however, any Greenie at all. Simply supplies. As they were are remarkably confused, chatter growing amongst the group, but Frypan shushed everyone and pointed to one of the boxes, now there was a visible head peeking out from under it. All fell silent as a long haired, very short Greenie with a feminine face came up slowly, standing on shaky legs.

That's when it hit them–it was a girl. A toddler.

Everyone started private conversations about what to do, why she was here, if she knew something, or if she was just like the rest of them.

One of the Gladers was very disrupted by this because he wasn't doing his normal jump-in-the-box-and-scare-the-Greenie routine. This was Gally, and he kept his thoughts to himself. Alby, who was standing next to him, whacked him lightly on his upper arm.

"Go greet the Greenie," Alby told him, as if it was the easiest thing to do.

"Alby, I may have gone through the Changing but I don't exactly remember being too good with five year olds."

"Want me to throw you off the Cliff, shank?" Alby told him with a serious tone.

Gally rolled his eyes and hopped into the Box as usual, trying to be a bit quieter, not wanting to scare the little girl. It wasn't until he got into the Box that he noticed the girl's features. She was, indeed, very small, but also had silky (Y/H/C) hair. Her childish, baby (Y/E/C) eyes made her actually really adorable. This though crossed Gally's mind but he wiped it away as soon as he could.

He walked a bit closer to the girl and held his hands up. She began whimpering and looked as if she was about to start crying. A single tear fell out of her eye and she backed up as close to the corner of the box as she could.

Gally didn't know exactly what to say, so he went with his gut. "Hey, what's your name?"

The young girl looked down a bit as if pondering the question. She sniffled and spoke. "Y/N. I think. I don't know. Where am I, where's my mommy?"

Gally all of a sudden felt pity hit him like a ton of bricks. He sometimes wished he had a mom, but for this little girl it must have been tremendously difficult to go through. Unless she remembered something. "Do you know who your mom is?"

She looked down again and began crying. "No," she mumbled through sobs.

"Okay, well, we promise we won't hurt you, alright?" Gally tried comforting the girl, but he wasn't doing so well.

The girl sniffled, wiped her face, and puffed her chest. "Okay. Can I get out of here, please?" She begged.

Gally breathed a sigh of relief. "Yeah, okay, come on." Gally turned around hoping the girl was following. After realizing she wasn't, he turned back around and looked down at her. "You coming, Green–er...Y/N?" He said. The girl walked forward and he faced the entrance of the Box again. He climbed out and looked back at the girl. He rolled his eyes after realizing she couldn't get out on her own. Reaching his hand back into the Box, the girl smiled slightly and fit her small hand with his cosaussled, calloced hands.

After getting out the the Box, the girl clung to Gally's legs once he stood up, her grip tight as steel. He rolled his eyes and looked to Alby for help.

"It's all on you kid. She likes you," Alby told him, patting Gally on the shoulder. "Take care of her."

Finding that none of his other fellow Gladers felt the need to help him, though shuck it did he need help, he reached down to the girl and picked her up by her armpits. Resting her small form in his arms, he told her, "You do know we're not evil, right, we won't hurt you."

She didn't seem to care for what he said, as she took to burying her face into his shoulder. He sighed and made a mental note to stay away from ALL children after he got out of this shuck maze. He walked to his room and opened the door, looking at his tool laden bed.

"Shuck..." He muttered. He moved some of the tools that were at he foot of the bed and laid the girl down on it who had surprisingly fallen asleep in his arms. Getting the rest of the hammers, screwdrivers, nail boxes, and wrenches off the bed, he tucked Y/N under his covers and left the hut, closing the door behind him.

He looked around a bit for Alby, only to find him relaxing in the Deadheads. "Hey, Alby?" He yelled.

"What, Gally," he answered without turning around. "Where's the girl?"

"Asleep in my room. Why am I stuck with her?"

Alby got up and walked over to Gally. "She likes you. She's scared out of her wits. It's kind of hard for us to find someone else to watch her when she's already attached to you."

"Hey, Alby, Gally." A British accent voiced behind them. Gally turned to see Newt with the little girl standing next to him, their hands gently interlocked. "She was looking for you, Gally. Screaming bloody murder when she woke up in your bed."

Gally looked at Alby. "Why can't Newt take care of her, they're getting along swimmingly."

Alby rolled his eyes. "She was looking for YOU, slinthead. She likes you. I'm the boss, deal with it."

Gally looked at Newt, trying to gain a bit of help, but to no avail, for the girl came running forward and jumped onto his waist.

He stumbled back a bit from impact but caught the girl and lifted her up the rest of the way.

He smiled lightly at her look of giddiness and checked to make sure Alby and Newt had left. Looking back at the girl in his arms, he said quietly, "I guess I'll take care of you, ya mini shank."