Alone P.t 2

~-M-~

You felt your head hit the stone as you slumped down, wondering if Newt was doing the same from the Glade.

No. you thought. He would have gone to help Minho. Newt. You hoped he wasn't mad. You smiled at him. Newt would be a good last thought. What? No. you thought once again.

"I will get through this." you said out loud. "If not for Newt, then for me." You stood up and brushed yourself off, then re-did the bun on the top of your head.What now?

You needed to get somewhere safe. Well, safer. You could climb to the top ofthe walls. No, the Grievers might see you. You couldn't stay here, it was to open. The place near Sector 8 had been secluded- Your guess was that was how Ben had stayed alive so long. Okay. Ben will be there. All you have to do is knock him out. You did it before. Tie him in a different sector. Hide. You began running, careful to make sure your footsteps were muffled. You were probably just a few more corners away when you heard the mechanical whir of a Griever. Your breath caught in your throat, you wanted to scream. But instinct took over, and you began to back into the ivy. After a couple seconds in the thick plant, you felt hot breath on your neck. You gasped, and turned to face Ben. His eyes narrowed like cat's, and he licked his lips.

"Ben, wait, I know you're still-" Your sentence was cut off when you felt the exploding pain in your ribcage. Your fell, hand over your shirt, to Ben's feet, seeing the blood on Ben's knife. You almost threw up when you realized it wasyour blood. Ben had stabbed you.

Click.

Whir.

There was a Griever behind you.

Ben was in front of you.

You rolled to your side as quickly as you could, hauling yourself up by gripping the vines. Ben growled and grabbed your shoulders as the Griever raise its stinger.

You turned in a circle just in time for it to stab Ben, not you. His now-dead body fell right in front of you, and you let out an ear-piercing scream you knew that could be heard throughout the Glade and The Maze. But you had to move. Adrenaline was the only thing keeping you alive now.

So you turned and ran.

Newt's P.O.V.

"You heard the scream." Thomas said to Newt, who was looking in the empty corrider of the Maze. He bit his lip as Thomas took him by the shoulder and led him away. They stopped when they heard Chuck's cry.

"Y/n! It's y/n! SHE'S ALIVE!"

Your P.O.V.

You stumbled across the Glade, hearing Chuck scream and then seeing Newt run toward you, faster then he should with his limp. Newt was over to you in a minute, hands on your arms.

"I can't slow down." you said. You head pounded as you began to slowly collapse in Newt's arms.

"Y/n!" Newt laid you on the ground, then spotted the bloody patches on your shirt. "Bloody hell, you're..." You felt Newt move your hands and pull up your shirt, touching your wound lightly before he started screaming. "We need a Medjack! Shuck... WE NEED A MEDJACK!" Newt looked to you, tears in his eyes. "No, stay with me y/n, stay with me, keep your eyes open!"

But you had barely blinked all night, and no matter what Newt said, he couldn't stop the darkness.