Hoodie Thief

~-T-~

Newt was looking everywhere for his hoodie, but he couldn't find it in any of the usual places. He finally settled for asking the other Gladers if they had seen it.

"Hey, Alby," Newt called out, walking up to his friend. "Have you seen my hoodie? I swear I had the buggin' thing set on my hammock, but it's not there."

"I don't know," Alby answered. "Maybe one of the others took it as a joke." He suggested, gesturing to the Glade. All around them, Gladers were walking and doing their jobs. It was a good idea.

"Maybe," Newt responded. It wasn't completely unlikely.

"I'd start with Chuck," Alby nodded towards the plump, curly headed child. Newt nodded and walked towards the youngest Glader, who was picking up some trash.

"Chuck," Newt called out once he got close. Chuck stood up, looking at the tall blond Glader.

"Yeah?"

"Do you know where my hoodie is?" Newt asked.

"Chuck looked like he knew. His eyes shined with unknown humour and he was failing at fighting back his now wide smile.

"I, uh, saw one of the others with it. I don't remember who." Chuck gestured to the Builders. "They went that way, though."

Newt thanked Chuck and went off towards the Builders, his thoughts turning to confusion. He was fairly certain that none of them could fit in his hoodie. Still, as he walked towards the Builders, he did a mental list of every Glader that could possibly fit it or have taken it just to mess with him.

Newt was so caught up in the mental list that he ran smack into Gally, who stumbled forward, clearly cut off guard.

Gally turned around, his glare already planted firmly on his face. "Watch where you're going, shank!"

"Have you seen my hoodie?" Newt asked, ignoring the comment.

"Why would I know where your stupid hoodie is?" Gally responded. Before Newt could comment, though, Gally pointed with his thumb over his shoulder. "Check Y/N. She was complaining about being cold this morning."

Newt thanked Gally and took off to where he knew the Med-Jacks would be. Entering the room of the Med-Jacks, Newt stopped. Y/N was bandaging one of the Slicers, telling him just how stupid it was to play with his tools. The boy looked embarrassed, but that wasn't why Newt stopped. Y/N was wearing his hoodie. And she looked better in it than he did.

Once Y/N had finished bandaging the Slicer, he leaned forward. "So... Can I get a kiss for being your best patient?"

Newt was filled with a foreign feeling. It took less than a second to know its name, though: jealousy.

"Go kiss Clint," Y/N responded sweetly. Newt laughed, forgetting that they didn't know he was in the room. They both jumped.

"Sorry," Newt said. "Didn't mean to scare you, love."

Y/N instantly smiled bright. "It's okay Newt." Her eyes suddenly widened. "Newt." She glanced down at his hoodie, still on her body, and then looked back up at him, blushing. "S-sorry. I didn't mean to steal your hoodie. I was just really cold and –"

"It's fine," Newt responded, leaning against the door frame. He cast the Slicer a look that clearly said 'leave us alone'. The Slicer jumped off the cot, nearly smacking into Y/N.

"I'll get back to work," he said, running off. Newt wished he could remember the kid's name. He was the newest Greenie, but that's all Newt could remember about the boy.

"Sorry I took your hoodie," the girl said, catching Newt's attention. "I'll give it back, I promise. Do you want it now?"

"No. You can keep it for a bit. It looks nice on you."

Y/N blushed, smiling as she glanced down to the ground in a way that Newt found absolutely adorable.

"It looks better on you," she replied, tugging the sleeves down around her hands. "It's a bit long on my arms. I'm like a kid wearing their parents clothing."

Newt smiled. "It looks nice, Y/N. I like you in my clothes."

"Yeah?" She smiled up at him.

"Yeah. But, next time, maybe ask? I've been walking around this buggin' Glade for an hour trying to find it."

She bit her lip. "Sorry."

"So... I can keep the hoodie for now?"

"I suppose you can, thief."

Y/N laughed. "I am not a thief!"

"'Course you are." Newt replied easily, walking into the room to stand in front of her. "You stole three of my things."

She frowned. "I only took your hoodie..."

"You stole it. And my thoughts. And my heart."

Newt smiled as another blush filled her cheeks. "W-what?"

"I like you. Especially in my clothes." Newt hesitated. "You're beautiful, Y/N."

Y/N smiled up at him. "You're not so bad, yourself."

Newt leaned close to her face. "Can I...?"

She didn't respond with words. Instead, she stood up on her tippy toes and kissed his lips. When the two parted, Newt had a large, goofy smile on his face.

"If that's what I get whenever you steal my clothes, feel free to do it more often."

"Falling for a hoodie thief, are we?" Y/N teased, stuffing her hands in the pockets of the hoodie. Newt couldn't get over how adorable she looked in it.

"I already fell."