Saving The Day

~-M-~

Your lungs burned as you ran away from the slimy yet mechanical monster on your tail. You hadn't gotten a break since it started chasing you.

You weren't too far into your section when you had stopped for your lunch break, peacefully eating the sandwich Chuck made for you the night before. You ran your section alone, so no one was there to hear your high-pitched scream when the Griever had popped out of nowhere and made you drop your lunch. This included your water bottle, which was quite the loss noting how dehydrated you were beginning to get.

You turned and turned, trying to confuse it, but you were just getting yourself lost, as you were not running in the normal pattern you did everyday. Right, right, left, left, right, right, ect. Today it was more like, right, left, left, I don't even know, right, right, left, right, left, left, and so on.

This wasn't your first time getting chased by a Griever, however, this one was abnormally fast. Every time you thought you lost it at a sharp turn of a corner, it came dashing, it's long legs getting tangled in a cartoon-like fashion before heading down the long pathway.

All of a sudden, you ran into someone, both of you toppling to the ground. Your vision was cloudy, so you simply stayed on the ground until the figure hauled you to your feet.

"Come on, Y/N!" You immediately knew it was Newt by the heavy accent that he had. No other Glader had an accent like his and you adored that. You were snapped out of your musings when Newt grabbed your wrist and pulled you toward section five.

"We can lose it down here!" He thought you had gotten the hang of standing on your own two feet by this point, but you were exhausted. He was way ahead of you when you collapsed again, and the sounds of the Griever's parts didn't help him hear you body fall to the ground.

You were on your back, and spots lined your vision, but you could still see the Griever crawl on top of you, ready to sting you. 'This is it,' you thought. 'And that's okay.' Just as the stinger was about to plunge into your stomach, you felt strong arms pull you from under the Griever and throw you over their shoulder, running. You caught a look of the boy's clothes and knew it was Newt.

As tears sprung into your eyes, you were lowered to the ground onto your now stable feet. You were standing in front of Newt, panicking slightly when you realized the Griever was gone. Your breathing hitched and you whipped your head around both ways, seeing if you were safe.

"It's okay, Y/N. You're okay, it's gone." You looked into Newt's eyes and he smiled slightly at you. You let out a soft cry and wrapped your arms around him, letting it out. He stroked your hair and whispered into your ear that you were safe, and the Griever was gone.

You pulled away and looked up at him. You weren't dating, but you sure as hell wish you were. He was so handsome with his big, brown doe eyes, and his hair and voice and everything about him was perfect.

In that moment, you took the chance to show that, and you leaned close to him. You kissed his cheek lightly. You looked back into his eyes and leaned in more so your breaths were mingling. Your lips touched briefly and you pulled away slightly, until he grabbed the back of your head and pushed his lips onto yours, forcefully albeit passionately.

You smiled into the kiss as you wrapped your arms around his neck, taking his short, blonde hair into your hand as you kissed him. He grabbed your waist and pulled you closer to him.

After a while, you both pulled away, gasping for air.

"Well that was an acceptable thank you, I guess," he chuckled.

"Thank you," you told him sincerely. "You saved my life."

He kissed you again, more gently this time. "Your welcome."

"How did you find me?" You asked him.

"I heard you scream. No one's ever seen a Griever in this section five so I thought it might work. It did."

You pecked his lips one last time before turning back toward the Glade.

You walked back to the Glade hand in hand, happy that your dream had finally come true.