Panic Attack

~-T-~

Warning: Spoilers from The Death Cure

Four days had passed since my first encounter with Minho. I had officially spent a whole week in the Glade and I hadn't break down yet.

Well, internally, I had. I felt terrified, and hearing the shrieks of those creatures inside the Maze during the night made it difficult to fall asleep since I was trembling so bad.

But every morning, I went to see Minho from afar. Each day, he would come out of the Homestead with a big yawn, pass a hand through his thick black hair and lazily stretch his arms out. Only then would he walk to the Doors.

I knew I wouldn't make it as a Runner of a sudden, but at least I could see him preparing himself every day before he walked in, hoping I would join him soon enough.

I knew they would find the way out sooner or later. I had hope.

Minho and I became friends unexpectedly. We barely saw each other since he spent most of the day in the Maze, but I once sat with him during lunch since he arrived early. That day, we started talking and got along surprisingly well.

After that day, I tried to speak to him more often and he didn't really seem to mind my efforts.

Just yesterday, I took my chances and woke up early to say goodbye to him before he ran into the Maze. I wished him luck and told him to be careful, and he smiled at winked at me before he started jogging and crossed the Doors.

So I thought that today I might as well do the same. I felt better with the idea that he spent the day in that place if I saw him and wished him luck.

"Minho!" I called him, watching how he warmed up before the Doors, that were yet to open.

"Hi, Y/N" He greeted me, resting his hands in the leather straps of his backpack that rested over his chest.

I softly smiled at him.

"Good luck today on your run"

He grinned and raised his eyebrows.

"Is this going to become an everyday thing?"

I shrugged, probably blushing. Even morning Minho was attractive.

"Well... I guess so... I mean, if you don't mind" I looked down at the grass under my feet, too shy to meet his glare.

He chuckled.

"Not at all, you shank"

I looked up at him and smiled sheepishly.

A loud rumble interrupted us, and Minho looked over his shoulder to the gigantic walls, which doors were starting to open.

"Gotta go" He said, winking at me.

I nodded and waved goodbye at him as he started running.

*

I was a Builder, so after I did the many chores I had to do, which took a few hours, I went over to Gally to ask what I could do today. Being the sweetheart he is, he growled that I had to help him carry some wood to the Homestead, as we needed to repair one of the walls. No wonder, that place looked like it would collapse any minute.

We carried them over to the building –if it could be called so- and started doing our job. As I watched how he hammered one of the planks, I thought that I hated him as my Keeper.

"Give me another plank" He asked me rudely. I hated how he spoke to me, like he wasn't actually talking to a human being.

I rolled my eyes and handed him another piece of wood.