Chapter 5

Stella's POV

Seeing Cody and Edgar together was amazing. I honestly couldn't help seeing Venom and Spark when I watched them. Edgar fit with the rest of our kids too. With Cody and how he joked around with his brothers and sisters, it was almost as if he was never gone. When Vanessa, Tyson, and Jocelyn flew out, things became a little quieter. Getting Cody to rest was so hard. The little boy I raised jumped on chances to lay around and do nothing. This man on the other hand keeps trying to do things around the house. "Cody Martin Harris," I snapped when I found him in the kitchen, putting a dish in the dishwasher. "What," he said. "I can't believe I'm saying this," I said. "But stopping helping around the house and go rest." "But-" 

"Not buts," I said. He sighed and grabbed an apple on his way out. He dropped a kiss on my cheek and I smiled. Edgar came in looking tired. "You're home earlier than expected," Cody said. "I'm going to find a new club," he muttered. "James went all nude again, and the ladies went ballistic for it, and expected the same from me. I disappointed many when I didn't take it all off like they wanted even though I look better than him, and I dance a lot better." "It's because he knows he's lacking in looks and moves that he takes it all off," Cody said with a shrug. "Aren't you supposed to be resting," Edgar asked him. "Yeah, yeah, I'm going sheesh," Cody said before going up the stairs. Edgar shook his head with a chuckle. 

"So you strip," Venom asked as he came in from the media room. "Pays the bills," Edgar said with a shrug before going up the stairs, not an ounce of regret can be seen. I went and back to loading the dishwasher. Venom came in and helped. "Those boys aren't letting us help as much as I'd like them too," Venom said to me. "I know, but there isn't much we can do," I said. "We forced them to move in, but we can't force them to let us get back the things they lost, or a better job." 

"Spark and I have an idea about the latter," he said to me. I put my hands on my hips, "You guys are thinking to have them join aren't you?" "It's just an idea," he said with a shrug. "They won't have to know what it's like to struggle ever again and feel like they earned it, instead of us ensuring they never struggle again and us giving it to them." Either way they'll never know what it's like to struggle, but it's how they never struggle is what matters. 

"I'm just happy that they're not being stubborn about what we've given them so far," I said to him. "Cody is a very stubborn person, but yet I haven't seen an ounce of that. I feel that life has just kicked him so many times that he just rolls with everything." "Unless he's just using his head," Venom said to me. "We haven't really pushed anything except them moving back home, and he didn't fight because he knew that it was what was best." I sighed softly and he kissed the top of my head. "We'll get them on the right track." "Better late than never," I said softly and he chuckled softly. 

The next morning, Cody was up with all of the kids. He was cradling Tamlin, a bottle propped on his shoulder as he flipped a pancake, Garth holding on to his leg rubbing his eye sleepily. Bella was at the table coloring, her curls a wild mess, Wilson and Mace on the floor playing with their cars. Bella smiled, "Hi Grams." "Hi sweetie," I said and dropped a kiss on her head before taking Tamlin from Cody. 

"You should be resting," I said to Cody. "Edgar has a late night tonight, and you've been up plenty with them. It's not a big deal," he said, putting the pancake on the platter where more pancakes and freshly cooked bacon were. "The stitches dissolved and I can move without issue." "You haven't been clear to go back to work," I pointed out to him. "Yeah, well, the kids aren't work," he pointed out to me. 

Edgar then came in. "Hi Uncle E," Bella greeted. "Good morning little momma," he said before kissing her head. He then poured himself a cup of coffee. "Thanks man," he said to Cody. Cody nodded, "Any time." Edgar took a drink of his coffee before picking Garth up and sitting on the floor with him in his lap where Mace and Wilson were playing with their cars. I burped Tamlin then put him in the swing we had for him. I cleaned out his bottle and put it in the dishwasher. 

Zatch then came in looking like he stayed up late playing again, and not in the best of moods which was usual for him. Venom came down fully dressed. He gave me a kiss before placing a kiss on Bella's head. "Aren't you supposed to be resting boy," he asked Cody when he poured himself a cup of coffee. "I'm fine dad," Cody said with a soft smile. 

When breakfast was done, I helped the kids sit at the table before going to wake up Olivia. When I opened her door and saw she had snuck out last night, I was livid. I went downstairs and Venom raised an eyebrow. "She snuck out again," I said while throwing my hands in the air. "She probably went to see that concert you guys told her she couldn't go too," Zatch said. "She probably saw that Cody was up and realized she couldn't sneak back in." 

"Isn't she fourteen," Cody asked with a raised eyebrow. I nodded, "Fourteen going on Twenty one. This is the second time she's snuck out. The first time it was to go out to a party. Now to a concert. I told her if she had one of her older siblings I wouldn't have minded, because then I know she would be safe, but she just completely disregarded what I said. She reminds me so much of myself at her age and it's terrifying." 

Venom ran a hand through his hair, looking fed up. "We can handle it," Cody said to us while Edgar nodded. "How," I asked while crossing my arms. "Give her a wake up call," Cody answered. "Don't traumatize her," Venom said with a nod. Cody and Edgar nodded. 

When she emerged, she tried to play it off, acting like no one woke her up. "Nice try sis, but mom went to your room earlier," Zatch told her. She winced, "Dang." "Dang is right," Cody said with a smile. "Hope you're not too tired because we're going to take a ride." 

I prayed this worked and that they didn't freak her out too badly.