Chapter 12

Edgar's POV

Today there was a cook out at the compound for everyone to enjoy. Cody and I brought the kids to enjoy themselves. I was playing a game of pool with Cody and some of the other brothers while watching the kids. Stella had taken Tamlin and was cuddling on the couch with Venom. Music was playing, kids laughter mixed along with it, and good vibes were everywhere. There were a few hangers about, but luckily they behaved themselves around the kids that ran about. Some didn't seem particularly fond of being around so many kids but they dealt with it with hopes the biker they hung around would give them what they wanted. 

When Cody went to the bathroom I saw a woman I wished I never saw again come in wearing a skimpy dress. It was Amberly. From the way a couple of the bikers greeted her, she had been coming here for a little bit. She had become a hanger after Cody dropped her pathetic ass. 

I quickly went over to Venom and Stella. "We have a fucking problem," I whispered to them. "The ginger that just walked in." Their eyes instantly snapped to her. "Baby momma," Venom asked me. I nodded, "Oh yeah and he won't react well to seeing her. She may start shit as well. I don't know if Bella will recognize her." I knew the other two were too young, but Bella might. I know Cody got rid of every picture he had of her because he didn't want anything with her face on it. 

Venom nodded and stood up. We approached her and her eyes widened when she saw me. "Edgar?" 

She then began looking around, "If you're here, is Cody? What about the kids?" "You of all people have no reason to ask about them," I said to her. "You need to leave and never come back," Venom told her. "But why," she asked him. "I've been coming here before them." "I will choose my sons over a loose pussy every day," Venom said. "So you need to leave before we escort you out." Her jaw dropped as he insulted her. "Mommy?" A small voice whispered as a hand gripped my pants. Fuck. 

Her eyes went to Bella. "Get your eyes off my kids," a very low and pissed off voice said. Shit. Amberly looked at Cody. Her eyes ran over him and he gave her a look of disgust. "What are you doing here Cody," she asked him. "To you, its Ghost. You have no right to use my name," Cody told her. "Now get out of here. I'm sure you can find plenty of laps to sit on at another MC." 

Cody picked Bella up, and walked away. Venom and I got her to leave and I couldn't find Cody anywhere. He had asked Stella to watch the kids then stepped out. He needed to cool off which was understandable. I just hope he didn't do something stupid. 

Cody's POV

I drove. Didn't really care where I went. I just drove. I stopped at the liquor store and then kept driving. I eventually found myself at the spot I had a lot of my firsts with Abby. It was a small camp ground away from the roads, looked nearly abandoned. I got out of the truck and laid my tailgate down and sat on it with the bottle of tequila I bought and my cigarettes. I wasn't going home tonight. I couldn't. I just felt so much rage. I wanted to ask my parents how long she had been going to the compound. Of all fucking places to see her in. It was just my fucking luck. 

I opened the bottle and took a drink. I then heard a car pull up, and looked over my shoulder. It was Abby. She came over to me, "I thought I'd find you here." She sat on the tailgate next to me. "Edgar told me about the baby momma making an appearance and you disappearing. He called me because he was scared you were gonna do something stupid." 

She took the bottle and took a drink from it. "So how do you feel," she asked me. "I wanted to beat the shit out of her," I confessed. "That rage I felt when I saw her shaking Wilson came up in full force again. When I saw Bella so close to her, I was a little scared Amberly would hurt her whether it was with her words or physically." 

"Usually I don't condone hitting women," Abby said. Her own experience coming to mind. "Sorry," I whispered. "However," she said. "The bitch deserves it after what she's done."  

She then bunped her shoulder against mine, "You're not a violent person Cody, I know you'd never do it unless it's self defense or you're sticking up for your kids. I'm just glad you're not one of those baby daddies that keeps letting her in your life just because you have kids and history."

"You're the only one I have history with that I want to keep letting into my life," I confessed to her. Her cheeks had a light blush to them. "You're the only one I want to keep letting into my life, even if you do stupid things," she said to me.

As we stared at each other, we got closer until our lips met. I didn't deserve to kiss her. Not after how I broke her heart when we were younger. But I couldn't stop. I had to have more. Kissing her always made me not give a damn about air.

When we pulled away our foreheads rested against each other. "Fuck I've missed you," I whispered to her. "That makes two of us," she whispered back.

I forgot about the bottle of tequila when she kissed me again, this time it was hungrier. I groaned as I buried my hand in her hair and laid her down in the back of my truck. She didn't complain, instead her hands were pushing off my cut. I broke the kiss to remove her shirt. Fuck she was beautiful. She's always been beautiful, but there was just something about her now that made me unable to resist her.

As I looked over her body, I saw scars left behind from her ass of an ex. I kissed each one and apologized for not being there. Her moans and gasps encouraged me to keep going. Now was the chance to prove to her I wasn't the same kid she used to fool around with.

I was going to make sure she was well satisfied before I even find my own release. It was the least she deserved.