Chapter 23

Venom's POV

We found our men around six in the morning. They were stripped naked, beaten to hell, and chained to a tree. Their cuts were on the ground, ripped and pissed on. The cash they had gotten for the job was taken as well so were their bikes.

We only found them because of the skid marks leading into the forest. We got them to the hospital and thankfully their injuries were minor. Nothing a stiff drink won't fix.

"Who did this to you," Spark asked Gear who was awake now. His lip was split, some dried blood in his ginger hair, but he wasn't in too bad of shape.

"Some MC called Poison Vipers," he said. "They introduced themselves before fucking us up. They have a lot of younger and extremely good fighters. They're trying to get their name out there to make others aware they exist."

"Ballsy little fucks," I said with a shake of my head.

"We've already filed with the department about your missing bikes," Spark said to him.

He nodded, "They'll probably fuck them up."

"But the cops will give them hell while we figure shit out," Spark told him. That was going to be the hardest thing. How do we get revenge on a MC we've never heard of nor know anything about? We were gonna have to do some investigating.

It was ten in the morning by the time I finally got home. I found Cody working on his school work at the dinning table with Zatch and Olivia arguing in the kitchen for one reason or another with Tyson trying to put an end to their fighting. From the driveway I knew Stella and Edgar weren't home. Bella them ran past, with Mace chasing her, with his foam sword in the air like some Spartan warrior.

"Daddy!" Bella screamed.

Cody turned and gave Mace a look. The boy stops dead in his tracks, hides the sword behind his back. "I told you to stop chasing your sister with the sword," Cody said.

Mace gave him the puppy dog eyes. Bella then pushes Mace down. Who instead of crying, gets up and just hits her in the head with his foam sword.

Bella then starts crying and kicks him. Cody sighs and stands up. He picks them both up. He has them around the waist, their arms and legs dangling. "I told you two to cut it out." He then carried them up the stairs.

I looked back at Zatch and Olivia who were still arguing, Tyson now joined in. Cody then came back down. He looked at his siblings. He picked up his laptop and went to the media room. I decided I was too tired to put up with this shit and went upstairs to get some sleep.

Cody's POV

Concentrating on my school work wasn't so easy with my siblings and kids fighting. Wilson was at least laying on the couch napping, giving me some peace, unlike the two hellions who were being forced to take a nap as a form of time out so I can try and get this essay done.

I had half of it done when I got a call from Abby. "Hey baby," I said to her. "Have you finished your essay yet," she asked me.

I sighed, "No. The kids were in a mood and my siblings were causing hell. I'm half way done."

"Are you hungry," she asked me. "I'm craving curly fries."

I chuckled softly, "Yeah I could do with a food break."

"Ok. I will come by with food," she said happily. She took my order and once I hung up, I Cashapped her money to pay for our food. The woman then had the audacity to send it back! So I sent it back to her. I then went back to working on my essay.

A little later, she sent it back. I then heard the front door. I left the media room and saw her coming in with the food. "Cody, I swear if you send me money again after I offered to buy you food, I will throat punch you."

I smirked as I looked down at her, "That's cute." I then kissed her forehead.

She huffed at me, "You're an idiot." She then gave me a kiss and we went to the table to eat. "How are you feeling," I asked her.

"The morning sickness since too bad," she said with a shrug.

"We didn't have a chance to talk yesterday," I prompted. "How do you feel about being pregnant?"

"Honestly I was shocked at first," she confessed. "But then I became excited which is something I didn't expect to feel. I never saw myself as the mother type. I love the kids and I love helping you take care of them but I don't see myself as their mom. I'm sure in time that will change but I can't consider myself as their mom till I know them better."

"You do realize that eventually you will be their step mom right," I asked her.

"Really now," she asked me with a smirk.

I nodded, "I told you back in Freshman year, I was going to marry you one of these days."

"I remember you telling me that," she said with a nod. "I also remember telling you that when that day comes, you better have a good reason as to why I should marry you."

I chuckled, "My dashing good looks and great sex not a good enough?"

"Nope. Those are just reasons to keep you around," she declared.

I put a hand over my heart, "You wound me."

She rolled her eyes as she smiled at me. By the time we finished eating, Wilson woke up from his nap. He came out of the media looking groggy. I picked him up, "Did you sleep good?" He nodded as he rubbed his eye. He then saw me soda cup. "How about some juice instead," I asked him. 

"Chase," Wilson demanded. So I grabbed his Chase from Paw Patrol sippy cup and got him his juice. He sat at the table where he left a coloring book and enjoyed his juice while he went back to his Iron Man picture. Bella and Mace then came down. Mace had creases in his face from sleeping, but from the lack of tangles in Bella's hair I could tell she didn't take a nap. At least she was smart enough to stay in her room until she heard Mace leave his. 

They were happy to see that Abby was here. "Will you play with us," Bella asked her. Abby smiled, "Of course I will. We'll play while your daddy finishes his school stuff." 

Bella and Mace ran off to the media room. We followed them. I grabbed my laptop and gave her a kiss. "Thank you." 

"Anytime big guy," she said. She then shooed me out of the media room so I could finish my essay. God I loved that woman.