Chapter 22

Today was the morning of mine and Edgar's anniversary. When I woke up I could smell breakfast already being cooked. I got up and threw on some clothes before grabbing his gift. I went downstairs and saw Edgar at the table already, feeding Garth in his high chair. 

I dropped the gift on to the table and he blinked at it. "That better not be what I think it is."

I smirked, "Happy anniversary shit head."

He opened it and smiled, "Your gifts are in the closet by the front door."

I raised eyebrow and went over to it. A guitar case with a bow and an amp with a bow. The amp was the kind that allowed me to use a set of headphones so you didn't hear it through the speaker of the amp. It was one of the best amps on the market.

I turned my head to look at him and he gave me the brightest smile. I shook my head at him. I put them in my room and then joined everyone for breakfast. By now Jocelyn went back home to finish planning their wedding while Vanessa went back to New York for the fashion show she postponed for Wilson.

Tyson was still here for another couple of days but would soon be going back to pack up his place so he could move back home.

Since it wouldn't be anniversary without including her, we went to take Bryce flowers.

We sat on the bench by her grave. "It's been hard," Edgar confessed to me in a whisper. "Not having her here, it's killin' me." He ran a hand through his hair as he released a shakey breath. "There have been times where I felt I couldn't handle the pain anymore and I just wanted to stop feeling."

He let out a sniffle as his eyes watered while looking down at the ground. "The only reason I haven't relapsed is because of our kids and you. And I know that if I did she'd be disappointed in me. I don't want to let you guys down, but I'm struggling."

I nodded, "I understand how you feel. When I was terrified at the possibility of losing Wilson during the surgery, I wanted to check out mentally so I could stop feeling so scared and stressed. I didn't though because I didn't want to let you down. I told myself that if you could have the strength to keep going like you have been, then I could do it too."

Our confessions weighed heavy in the air between us. "It doesn't make us bad parents for feeling that way right," he asked me.

I let his question tumble around in my brain for a second. I then shook my head, "I don't think it does. What would make us bad parents was if we gave in to those feelings. It's not the drugs themselves we miss, but the feelings those drugs had given us. Shit's hard, and we've been through the ringer more times than I can count." I slung my arm across his shoulders, "But we got this."

He sighed as he nodded, a small smile on his lips, "Yeah we do."

We hung out at Bryce's grave a little longer before going home. When we got there I saw Deja, her boys, Abigail, her dogs, and Spark were there. "Happy seven years boys," my mom said as she hugged us. "We are so proud of you two."

"Thanks mom," I said with a smile.

Dad and Spark were outside watching the kids and dogs play. Abigail gave me a kiss, "Happy seven years baby." She then gave me a small box.

I raised an eyebrow but her encouraging smile had me opening it without question. I looked into the box and I was stunned stupid for two seconds before my eyes shot back up to her. My eyes then shot down to the positive pregnancy test that was bold as can be.

I then pulled her to me for a kiss. As I was kissing her, the box was taken from me.

I could hear everyone cheering and congratulating us. When we pulled from the kiss I wrapped my arms fully around her, hugging her close, as I bury my face in her neck. "I love you so fucking much," I whispered to her. "I love you too," she said back.

I felt little hands tug on my shirt. I looked down and saw Bella. "What's going on daddy?"

I picked her up, "You're gonna have another brother or sister."

"Can I have a sister? I already have four brothers. I really don't want more," she asked, causing everyone to laugh.

I kissed her cheek, "We'll see." I put her down and she ran off to go play with the others.

For the entire rest of the day, I couldn't stop smiling. I was celebrating mine and Edgar's anniversary with friends and family and I found out the love of my life is currently carrying my child. This couldn't get better than this for me.

Stella's POV

Seeing my family so happy was the greatest thing in the world to me. That night Venom and I were getting ready for bed and I couldn't stop smiling.

"I'm so excited," I confessed to Venom. "We're getting a sixth grandbaby." It doesn't matter how many grandchildren my kids give me, I will always be so excited.

Venom smiled, "It's gonna get a bit cramped."

And that was saying something given the size of our house. Cody wasn't ready to be on his own yet with three kids, going to school, doing jobs for the club, and helping Abigail with the pregnancy.

I nodded, "We'll figure something out."

He nodded and as he went to pull back the covers his phone rang. He grabbed it, "Yeah Spark?"

My heart dropped. Spark never called this late unless it was an emergency. Venom nodded, "I'm on my way."

He then hung up, "Some of our guys went missing during a job. I'm gonna go out and help them find them."

I nodded, "Be careful."

He kissed me, "Always." He changed then left. I sighed softly. No matter how many years we've been together, it never gets easier. I always get so scared that I'm going to get a call with the worst news imaginable. Now I have two of my sons doing the same thing. Cody and Edgar were only prospects now, but once they get patched in, they'll start taking on the more dangerous jobs. I know they'll be careful, but sometimes shit happens. Things were finally looking up, I prayed nothing changes that. Something tells me though, we won't get that lucky. After all, what goes up, must come down.