Chapter 19

Cody's POV

When Wilson got to come home, he was now talking and wanting to do things like color and watch cartoons, but he got tired rather easily and needed to take a lot of naps and he wasn't able to move around too much because he didn't have the energy and that was okay. He had plenty of aunts and uncles, and his grandparents who were quick to get him whatever he needed. Bella and Mace were getting jealous of all the presents and attention their younger brother was getting, so since Wilson was home and comfortable with many people to look after him, I decided to take them out. I'm not all about the whole, just because one gets something so should the others, but I have missed three Sundays because I was at the hospital with Wilson. I have also spent a lot of time at the hospital and the only time I saw them is when someone brought them to the hospital see their brother. So I wanted to spend time with my other two kids now that Wilson was home. 

I decided today we would go to a bowling alley that also had an arcade area. I helped the kids put on their bowling shoes and got the dinoslide for them to roll their balls down. We then picked the balls they could carry and got the bumper rails up. I then put my shoes on and grabbed my ball. I then explained how bowling worked since it was their first time. They were both so excited and it was nice to see them smile. As we began to play anytime they knocked down pins they did a silly dance which I recorded a couple times on my phone. We shared a cheese pizza and drank sodas. They had sprite and strawberry soda so I didn't have to deal with caffeinated kids. When we were done with bowling, we swapped our shoes and went to the arcade area. 

They had tickets you used to buy prizes with once you were done. The kids enjoyed the Minnion themed whack a mole, and a couple others. "Uncle Ty says you're really good at basket ball daddy," Bella said when she saw the basket ball game. "I'm the best," I said when poking her stomach. She laughed and jumped away. "You wanna play a game daddy," she asked while pointing at it. I shrugged, "Sure." 

I got basket after basket, as fast as possible. "Woah," Mace said with wide eyes at the end of the game when I beat the high score and the machine began to spit out a bunch of tickets. "That's so cool daddy." 

I counted up the tickets and divided them up between the two of them to add to what they had to get prizes with. We continued to play games until it was getting late and they were tired. At the prize area Mace picked a foam sword and shield, and candy, while Bella picked a bear, some candy, and a recorder that would soon magically go missing never to be seen again. 

At the house they yawned as they walked into the house. My mom smiled when she saw us come in. "You guys look like you had fun." "Daddy beat the basketball game and we got lots of tickets," Bella said happily. "Your dad is really good at basketball," my mom said to them. I smiled and took them up to get them ready for bed. I tucked them into their beds and read them each a story. I checked on Wilson before leaving his and Mace's room for the night. I changed then went down to the media room where my siblings were all lounging around. "So for how much longer are you three gonna be stinking up the house," I asked as I plopped down on the couch. 

"Well, while I'm down here, Kandy wants me to do some house hunting," Jocelyn shared. "Her family isn't fully supportive of us getting married. Not because we're lesbians, but because they don't like me. They claim I'm bad news after they found out my dad is the VP of a motorcycle club. Kandy disagreed with them and they got in this massive fight. She only invited her sister and cousin. She thinks it's best we stop spending money on plane tickets to see the family that actually approves of us, and just move closer to them. I will move where she wants if it'll make her happy." "Well there goes the fucking peace," I joked and she hit me with one of the couch pillows. 

"I've screwed up a couple of my relationships when I suddenly rescheduled my fashion show. I told them if they couldn't understand that life is shit and family emergencies happen then our relationships weren't worth keeping," Vanessa shared with a wave of her hand. "It also improved some of the other business relationships I had though which is a good thing. We're using the rescheduling to tweak and work together to improve it, so I could have a better show than originally planned." 

"When you get big, then they'll regret having their bullshit opinions," Tyson told her and she smiled. "I'm thinking of looking at moving my HQ back here. The rent of the building I'm in is getting stupid. I looked into building my own place, and it was a ridiculous amount, and the property tax is fucking ridiculous. Here though it's a lot cheaper and the tax is manageable. Plus my condo is raising the rent again and I'm getting tired of it. The lease ends in a couple of months so I'm just gonna look while I'm here for a place. Might get a house so I can stop paying rent." 

"Great, so I'll be the only odd ball that's not moving back here," Vanessa said with a soft laugh. "You've always been an odd ball, so what else is new," Jocelyn asked her. Vanessa then hit her with a couch pillow, "You're the oddest one of them all." They began a pillow fight and I got hit so I retaliated. Tyson was laughing so we all ganged up on him. It then became an all out pillow fight between the four of us. We heard a laugh and turned to see Edgar recording us. We all threw our pillows at him. He put his phone away and picked up one of the pillows, getting ready to throw it back. 

"What do you think you're doing," mom said from out of nowhere and he froze eyes wide. We froze as well. "Um, picking up the pillows they threw at me?" He was so unsure of how to answer. "Uh huh, and what were you going to do with them," she asked. "Be good and put them on the couch," he answered with a nod and Tyson snickered childishly. 

Mom gave him a smile and nod of approval then she glared at us. "How many times do I have to tell you kids not to have pillow fights in the media room?" "Vanessa started it," Jocelyn, Tyson, and I all said accusingly while pointing at her. Her jaw dropped, "What?" 

"Well you did," Jocelyn said. 

"Are you guys five, or are you in your twenties," mom asked with her hands on her hips. "Well, Tyson, Cody, and Edgar are the same age as their shoe size, so I don't think they have a right to answer that question," Vanessa said and the three of us looked at her while Jocelyn laughed. 

Mom looked at the ceiling as she shook her head. Olivia came into the media room eating a bowl of ice cream, "What's going on?" "Oh I want ice cream," Jocelyn said getting up. "This is the last of it," Olivia said to her before taking another bite. "Again, I want ice cream," Jocelyn said with a smirk. Olivia's eye brows raised. She then wielded her spoon like a weapon, "Stay away from my ice cream." She then took off, ready to protect her ice cream and Jocelyn went after her. "Don't you dare get ice cream all over my house," mom yelled after them. 

She then sighed, "As of right now, Zatch is my favorite." "That's only because he stays in his room all day," Tyson said. "Exactly," mom said with a smile and nod before walking away. "Zatch can be her favorite," Vanessa declared. "As long as she loves me more than you guys, that's all that matters." Now that mom wasn't in the room, the three of us hit her with the couch pillows. 

If this is the hell I give mom in my twenties, I surely wasn't ready for when my kids were older. I prayed I had the patience because I was gonna need it.