Chapter 10

Cody's POV

I wiped the sweat from my brow after I finished moving the crates. Spark and Venom asked us and the other prospects to do a job, moving things in one of the warehouses to make room for stuff that was being put in later tonight. Edgar and I worked in silence while the others kept cracking jokes with one another. They honestly ran their mouths way too much in my opinion. They also kept wondering what was in the crates. The first time I advised them it was best to keep their noses out of them if they knew what was good for them, but after that, I didn't say anything else to them. 

Edgar and I were sitting on one of the crates, while the others moved the last one on their side. Soon some of the bikers were pushing open the doors to allow a moving truck to back in. "Get it unloaded," Cable ordered once it was in. Edgar and I got up and got to work no problem. The other prospects didn't bother with opening their mouths this time as the official members watched us work. 

Once it was unloaded, I was more than ready for a shower and a drink. It was movie night with the kids, so the drink will have to wait. It was Mace's turn and with my parents having every streaming service available, who knew what he planned on picking. 

"You guys go collect your payment from Spark at the compound," Cable told all of us. I went over to the bike that had been a recent gift from my dad, and I fucking loved it. I didn't hesitate to take it out for a ride when I first got it. It was a feeling I missed so much. 

At the compound I went in and saw many enjoying a drink and a blunt. I cut the drugs, even weed. I refused to touch it ever again. 

Spark handed us our payment. A blunt was passed towards us by one of the others, but Edgar and I turned it down. "Fucking pussies," one of the prospects said as they took it. We ignored them. "Call us if you need anything else, we got a date," I said to Spark. Spark nodded, "Tell them I said hi." I smiled, "Will do." 

Edgar and I left and we went home. "Daddy," Bella, Mace, and Wilson said as they ran up to hug me. I smiled, as I caught myself as they latched onto my legs. "Is it movie time yet," Mace asked excitedly. "I need a shower and then we're going to go to the store to get snacks first," I told them. They went off to the media room eagerly while I went to go shower. I made my shower quick. I threw my jeans on, a red t-shirt, and my combat boots. I put my cut on and the bracelet Bella made me. I left my room and grabbed their shoes and jackets from their rooms before going down the stairs. 

I helped them put their shoes. "Need anything while we're at the store," I asked Edgar. "Can you pick up more of Tamlin's formula," he asked me. I nodded, "You got it man." "Thanks," he said with a nod. 

At the store, Mace and Wilson sat in the basket while Bella walked beside me. I grabbed Tamlin's formula first to ensure I didn't forget it. "What snacks do we want tonight," I asked them. "Cookies," Wilson said. "Candy," Mace answered. "Popcorn," Bella declared. "I see tonight there are a lot of requests that need to be met," I said with a chuckle. 

We went to the aisle where most of what we wanted was. I looked at the small dollar boxes of candy. For once I wasn't looking at them because they were cheap, but because of serving size. They didn't need the giant bags like they were eyeing. If they had them, then they would be eating the candy non-stop and then I would really be in for it. 

They each picked a box they wanted and I grabbed one for me and Edgar. I had just grabbed a box of popcorn when this woman scoffed at us. "Can I help you," I asked her. "You're a horrible father for feeding your kids nothing but junk," she said. 

I rolled my eyes, "I'm not gonna do this." I began to leave the aisle and she followed, with her phone out! She began to talk crap into her recording as I walked away with the kids. Bella, being the ever mouthy five year old turned and looked at her. "Why are you being a meanie head?"