Chapter 6

Cody's POV

Edgar and I took Olivia out to Edgar's car and she got in the back seat. "So where should we go on this field trip," Edgar asked me. "I was thinking to see Celeste," I answered. "That's a good one," Edgar said with a nod. "Dad said not to traumatize her so gotta keep it simple," I said. 

"What are you two talking about," Olivia asked with a scoff. "We're going to get you to wake the fuck up," I told her. "It starts off with sneaking out, then branches off to other shit. Not only that, but something could have happened to you." "But nothing did," she said to me. "And that attitude is why you need this wake up," Edgar said and I nodded. 

We took her to Celeste's apartment. "It's us beautiful," Edgar said as he knocked on the door. Celeste opened the door and offered Edgar and I kind smiles. "I heard you were shot in a robbery gone wrong, are you okay," she said to me. I nodded, "I'm great." I then put a hand on Olivia's shoulder, "This is my sister Olivia. We were hoping you could do us the favor and help us drill it into her head that sneaking out of the house, after our parents said no to something, is dangerous. She believes that since nothing happened this time or the last time, that it's fine." 

Celeste looked Olivia over. Olivia was doing the same, with a slight sneer on her face. Celeste let us into her apartment. We sat on the couch with Olivia between us. 

"How old are you Olivia," Celeste asked her. "Fourteen," Olivia answered. "I used to sneak out a bunch when I was your age. Nothing ever happened to me when I did, so I had this delusion that my mother had nothing to worry about. Until I turned sixteen. I snuck out to go to this party downtown. I never mentioned the party to my mother, because I knew she wouldn't approve. The party was a trap," she told her. Olivia's eyes widened slightly. "It was a lure for young naïve girls who wanted to enjoy the taste of freedom. The youngest girl that was there, was thirteen. These men had drugged the drinks, and entered us into a sex trafficking ring. They sold me to a man who was sadistic. He treated me like his slave. He forced me to do everything a wife would do, and if I messed up, he'd beat me. He would drug me and let his friends gang rape me. I got pregnant three times and I miscarried every time because he made sure I did. He didn't want a child to ruin my figure. When he wasn't using or abusing me, he kept me tied up in his closet. I tried escaping once and he nearly beat me to death. He put a tracker into my arm and I was in that hell for years. It wasn't until he was arrested for Tax fraud that the cops found me. I was one of the lucky few that escape, but most women don't. I tried to reunite with my mother, but she was already dead. She had killed herself because she blamed herself for my disappearance." 

She then raised her sleeves and showed Olivia the scars she had from being tied up. She then pointed to a surgical scar on her right arm, "This is where my tracker had been. After what happened to me, I had severe PTSD. I even tried to commit suicide. Fortunately for me, your brother and Edgar were nosy neighbors when they heard me having my mental breakdown. Had it not been for them, I wouldn't be here. To this day though, I have survivors guilt because I managed to get out, while the friends that had gone with me, were never heard from since the night we disappeared." 

Olivia looked at the scars on Celeste's arms, horrified. "You were lucky so far, but your luck could run out," Celeste told her. "Don't test it Olivia. Enjoy the life you have. If your parents don't want you to go out, it's for your safety. Don't put yourself at risk." 

Olivia seemed speechless for a few moments. "It's one thing to hear about what can happen, but to meet someone," she whispered. Celeste nodded, "It's completely different. It's because of what happened to me, that I share my story with others to prevent more from going through what I did." "Dad enjoys freedom more than anyone else in our family. Hell, he's a VP in a MC," I said to her. "If he says no, because he thinks is too dangerous, then it's best you listen to him. I had to learn the hard way what these streets can do to someone. I got it easy, compared to some people like Celeste. I will do whatever it takes to make sure no one else in our family makes the same mistakes I made. You want to party, smoke weed, drink with your friends? Try asking if you can do it at home where you're supervised by those who actually love you and cares what happens to you. Dad always told me that he didn't give a shit if I did it at home, as long as I left the heavy drugs out of the house. Weed and alcohol, he can give us no problem. We can also trust the weed he gives us and know it's not laced with something that can really fuck you up." 

Edgar nodded, "If you have friends that are encouraging you to go against what your parents say then they're not really your friends. They don't care about your safety or their own. They only care about a good time and how doing things like that makes them feel like a grown up. We know from experience sweetheart, so please listen to us." She seemed to be thinking for a moment before she nodded, "I need to apologize to mom and dad." 

I nodded with a soft smile. When we went to leave, Edgar and I each hugged Celeste and dropped a kiss on her head. We took Olivia home and as soon as she saw our parents she threw herself at them, hugging them tightly. "I'm so sorry," she said with a sniffle. "I promise I won't sneak out ever again." My parents gave her a hug. 

When my parents told her she was still grounded she nodded and handed them her phone in a heart beat. "I'm gonna go do my homework," she then went up the stairs. 

"Do we want to know," my dad asked me. "We just went to see a friend who has first hand experience on what could happen if you don't listen to your parents," I said. I dropped a kiss on my mom's cheek before going to the media room to enjoy some time with my babies.