Chapter 26

Venom's POV

Spark called church two hours ago, and Cody never showed up. I had texted Stella, asking if he had left and she told me he had. Edgar was here having gotten here after running a job, but no Cody. Once church was over I walked over to Edgar, "Have you seen Ghost?" He shook his head, "Not since this morning. I texted Abby but she hasn't seen him since yesterday."

"Stella said he left thirty before the meeting," I told him. "You don't think those snakes jumped him since he was riding alone do you," Edgar asked me, concerned.

If they're making it to where we can't even leave home alone, in the daylight, then they've got another thing coming. For their sakes, they better not have laid their fucking hands on my son.

I went over to Spark. "Any reason why Ghost never showed," he asked, catching a few others attention. "Stella said he left thirty minutes before the meeting."

"If that's the case, then he should've gotten here well before the meeting started," Spark said while running his hand over his beard.

I nodded in agreement. It was only fifteen, twenty at the most, to get here. I think there is foul play here, and that doesn't sit well with me.

I tried calling him but it went to voicemail, which wasn't like him. We set out to see if we could find him. We rode around for three hours, but we couldn't find him.

We went back to the compound to have a meeting. As we were gathering, Cody showed up, beaten to hell. "Those fuckers jumped you didn't they," Spark asked.

Cody nodded, "Ten on one isn't fucking fair. I left them knocked out on Clifford Avenue."

Clifford Avenue was in a small neighborhood often looked over because nothing ever happens there. It's mostly filled with old folks in retirement.

"I tried fucking loosing them but they just wouldn't get off my ass," he muttered as Doc grabbed the first aid kit.

My phone rang as my eyes ran over his face. I answered it when I saw it was Stella.

"Did you find him," she asked, worry laced thick in her voice.

I sighed and told her of the situation. She was happy he was okay but she was furious at the men who touched her baby.

At the end of the call Cody was talking with Edgar, and Spark sent others to see if they could find the men Cody took care of.

"You good enough to drive," Edgar asked him.

Cody nodded, "Yeah. I have some ass kissing to do. Thanks to those fuckers, I missed Abby's appointment."

Edgar chuckled, "Good luck to you bro."

Cody rolled his eyes with a sigh.

Cody's POV

I was sitting with an ice pack when Abigail called me. "Hey baby," I said when I answered. "Your mom told me what happened. Are you okay," she rushed out, clearly worried. "I'm fine, just a little sore. I'm sorry for missing the appointment," I told her. "What did the doctor say?"

"The baby and I are doing just fine," she said.

I smiled softly, "That's good to hear."

She told me about the rest of her appointment before we hung up with the promise she was coming over tonight with her dogs.

When I got home I saw Olivia playing with a girl I didn't recognize and three guys sitting at our kitchen table with their textbooks.

"Hey Cody," Olivia greeted. "This is Tray, Dalton, and Zeke. And this is Tray's daughter Kortney."