Part 16: Old Mrs Murphy

All the family felt that old Mrs Murphy should be rewarded well for her idea about producing and selling the formula in the first place. She was a dear friend, so we all decided to make Mrs Murphy a partner in the formula business. We didn't require her to do anything other than reap the rewards from our unique and lucrative business.

You might remember earlier when I was looking for a solution to our burglar problem, I paid a visit to the pound where I met Mary. She directed me to a golden coloured five year old Labrador called Cindy. Well Mrs Murphy, being the old softy she is, decided to adopt Cindy herself, as well as every other animal in the pound.

Mrs Murphy bought a large property in the country to run an animal haven where all lost and unwanted animals could live their lives out in peace and harmony. There was a sign on the front gate.

Old Mrs Murphy had a variety of animals on her property that included dogs, cats, birds, guinea pigs and horses. She was in her element and enjoyed every minute of it.

As for me, well I became somewhat of a celebrity at school. Other than that, I kept well out of the limelight. I was happy that I had made a significant contribution to society. I would be forever known as 'Edward, the Watch Mouse Kid'.

Now all I needed to do was create a concoction that could turn my sister to stone!