08

January 2019

Another night in the same week, Lisa‘s keep tossing and turning in her bed for a while now. She reaches for her phone on bedside table, the screen light up when she press the home button. ‘2.26 am’ she read the number before putting her phone back down. Her bed cracks a sound when she shifted again.

*Crunch*

She heard the sound of glass shattering, then followed by a thud sound. She stares at her bedroom door with wide eyes for a second, then carefully walks out, looking for the source.

Followed a groan from kitchen, she found Jennie's sitting with pieces of glass on the kitchen floor. She quickly kneels beside her.

“Jennie are you alright? Did you get hurt?” Lisa quickly runs her eyes over Jennie‘s body and heaves a sigh of relief when she sees no injure.

“I‘m alright, just a bit dizzy.” Jennie’s face pale, a thin layer of sweat floated on her forehead.

“Can you stand up? Let's get you to sofa.” With one hand on her waist, the other on her arm, Lisa slowly guides her to stand up.

“But the glass…” Her words was cut off by the firm hold on her waist, Lisa silently leads her to the living room. After making sure Jennie safely settled on sofa, Lisa withdraws her hands and leaves. Jennie instantly miss the warmth.

To her reassurance, Lisa came back a few seconds later with a glass of water. She holds the glass in front of Jennie's mouth and helps her drinks it. Lisa lowered her hand after Jennie drank half of it, her hand that’s holding the glass still covered by Jennie's slightly trembling hand.

Lisa motions for Jennie to take over the glass, then demands her to finish it before she stand up and heading to kitchen again. Jennie quietly obeyed her demand and listen to the sound of Lisa's cleaning up her mess.

By the time Jennie finished her glass, Lisa came back again with a clean cloth and warm water. Lisa lowered herself in front of Jennie and start to clean her sweat with the cloth. Jennie sit still and silently observing Lisa's movements. Her eyes travelled from her hand that's dipping the cloth into warm water to her face.

Jennie bite on her lip and struggled to no avert her eyes when Lisa's meet her. They stared at each other silently, both afraid to broke this 'peaceful' moment between them since their fight. Lisa then noticed how tired she’s look, there's dark circles under her feline eyes. She must no getting well rest lately.

Lisa was the first one to broke the staring contest, she averts her eyes and her hand unconsciously went to stroke the Korean’s disheveled hair. “Are you feeling good now?”

Jennie nodded. She has many words to say but right now her mouth can't forms a word.

It's late, you should go back to sleep.” Seeing Lisa’s getting ready to stand up, Jennie abruptly grips on Lisa shirt. With a weak voice, almost like a whisper, she finally uttered a word. “Can you tuck me in?”

Lisa's brows shots up a little. She puts the warm water and cloth aside, then gently pulled Jennie up with her. They go to Jennie’s bedroom hand in hand.

When they were inside Jennie's bedroom, Jennie found her courage to apologise.

“I'm sorry Lisa.” Her throat suddenly feels dry even she just drank a cup of water. “I didn’t mean to said it, I was wrong.” Her hold on Lisa's hand tighten, like she’s afraid Lisa will bolt out.

She then meets with a pair of unreadable eyes. “Please sit down first, I don't want you to fall down again or faint or something.”

Lisa proceeds to sit on the edge of the bed with the brunette who's keep griping her hand anxiously beside her. Lisa turns her head slightly to watch the brunette beside her.

With the moonlight that filtered through the curtains, Lisa can see the features of Jennie clearly in the dark. She noticed the brunette look much thinner, her cheeks less chubby now.

The longer under Lisa silently stares, the more anxious Jennie be. Lisa decided to save her from her anxiety. “Are you eating well lately?”

Jennie hesitated for a second then carefully picks her words. “I eat when I'm hungry.” Lisa lifts one of her brow, obviously having a doubt in her words. But she chose to let it slide. She then turned her body completely facing Jennie.

“Jennie, I need to apologise.” Lisa took hold of both Jennie's hands. She stops Jennie before she could opens her mouth to retort. “I know you are trying to protect me not because you think I’m weak, but you care about me.”

With her slightly teary eyes, she looks into Jennie's. Feline eyes mirrors hers. “I’m sorry for yelled at you and didn't stay by your side when you’re in your hard time. I'm so sorry.” She finished with a sob.

“No Lisa, I should apologise.” She hardly completed her words because of her sobbing. “I'm so sorry for saying those mean words to you. I should have trust in you.” Lisa pulls her in a tight embrace. "It's okay, I know you didn't mean it." Jennie's hands instantly wrap around Lisa’s body. When her head placed on Lisa's shoulder, she choked out. “I thought I lost you.”

“I'm here, you’re here.” Lisa soothed, for both of them. “I will never left you.”

The next morning they woke up with a small smile on their face, feeling a heavy burden left their heart. They both know this is the best sleep they have in a while and they will never let go of each other ever.