12

Early 2020

“Thank you everyone, we love you!” Blinks cheer loudly, everyone in the venue including the members seems happy but sad at the same time as BLACKPINK 2020 world tour come to an end.

“I can’t believe it’s end now, we did it!” Rosé bounces around towards the rest room, feeling excited for their dream finally accomplished. Her members cheer with her, they even do some little weird dance moves to celebrate.

Just when they reach the rest room, one of their manager calls for Lisa. “You have a guest, his name is Jeff, a producer, he’s your big fans, would you like to meet him?” Lisa seems hesitated, he quickly added “Just for you know, he flew all the way from US.”

The other 3 members stay in the rest room. Jisoo’s stretching her tensed muscles while Rosé sits at the coffee table, busy herself with the snacks occupied the small table. When Jennie’s walking out to search for toilet, she takes a glimpse of a man assist by their manager walks into the rest room beside, where Lisa’s waiting at.

When she’s walking pass, she can’t help but peeks inside, and confirm that man is indeed Jeff as he’s shaking hands with her girlfriend and give her a hug. But his right hand that still linger at her girlfriend’s waist after they parted make her stop her feet.

Jennie didn’t think twice when she’s stepping inside. “Hi, you must be Jeff. I’m Jennie, hope you enjoyed our show.” She’s stretching her right hand out, forcing him to move away his hand from Lisa’s waist to shake her hand.

Jennie immediately sticks to Lisa’s side and wraps her arm around Lisa’s shoulder. She then talks casually with the man and making sure her words doesn’t sound like came out from gritted teeth.

Lisa pulls Jennie’s hand when they’re alone in the room after their manager assist Jeff out. “Hey what’s wrong? You seems… furious?”

“No. I’m not.”

Lisa’s eyebrows twitch a little, Jennie’s definitely mad about something. She then holds her hand closer. “Are you mad at me?” Jennie’s only shaking her head.

“Jeff?”

Jennie responds by a nod, she’s pouting and wrinkles her eyebrows together.

“Because he wants to meet me?” Lisa knows Jennie will never mad at her for being polite to others.

“Because of his unnecessary physical contact, who is he to touch you like that.” She says through her pouted lips, she looked even more like a baby now.

“Aww my baby is jealous.” Lisa cooed. Jennie grips on Lisa’s shirt to pull her closer, her voice small. “I don’t like it.”

Lisa pulls her into a hug. “I promise from now on I will avoid unnecessary physical contact with everyone other than you.” Jennie nods against Lisa’s shoulder, her voice muffled. “Jisoo and Rosie can be excluded.”

“Include girls? Alright.” Lisa tries her best to bury her laughter. Lisa takes a glance at the door to make sure it’s closed, then start to attack Jennie’s face with kisses until Jennie bursts out laughing.

“Stop, stop, we can’t let people walk in with us like this.” Jennie breath out between laughters.

“Yeah, because our love is forbidden.” Lisa jokes with a lingering smile on her face. She then whispers. “Aren’t it just makes us love more?”

“Yeah hun.” Jennie places her forehead on Lisa’s, their lips curl up more when their nose touched.

They swing their bodies left and right in silent for a minute, just enjoying each other present until Lisa pulls away a little and speaks. “I think we have to mask our emotions more, we can’t be too obvious.” Lisa smiled cheekily, she remembers Jennie can’t help but being clingy with her after she heard a fan’s shouting ‘marry me Lisa’ at their concert send off section.

“I have an idea.” Lisa suggested. “Do you know safe word?”

“What does safe word have to do with that?” Jennie widens her eyes, surprised and curious.

“It can be use in other occasions too beside THAT.” Lisa blushed a little. “Like when we feel uncomfortable about what’s happening but we can’t speak it out directly on the spot.” By this way, they can communicate with their secret word to avoid doing something that out of their girlfriend’s comfort zone, without the people around them knowing.

“I see.” Jennie nodded. “What will be our safe word then?” She agreed with Lisa’s idea.

Lisa hummed. “How about ‘a call’, it’s common and we can say it no matter when and where.” Jennie pleased with her chose of word, she then awards her clever mind with a quick peck. “But who knows, maybe we don’t need to use it.”

Jennie definitely needs to use it, frequently.

When some guys use lame pick up lines trying to hit on Lisa and get her numbers, Jennie uses it.

When they went to dinner party, their fellows trying to match Lisa with one of the guys at the same table, and Lisa failed in decline them, Jennie uses it.

When they attend private party hosted by celebrity friend, Lisa too immersed in her conversation with some guests until she doesn’t notices they stood too close and trying to place their hands on Lisa, no matter male or female, Jennie uses it.

Of course Lisa uses it too, but not as frequently as Jennie does. She usually can find a smoothly way to remind Jennie without utter a single word.

One times, she easily draws Jennie’s attention back on her just with a stealthy tug on her hand when Jennie’s too enthusing in a conversation with a guy who’s obviously into her.

In another times, she just silently wraps a jacket on Jennie’s body when Jennie doesn’t notices the inappropriately stare that threw on her exposed cleavage.

Undoubtedly, people around then didn’t found out their secret messages. As time passes, they learn, they communicate, they cooperate and to understand, thus they wouldn’t overstep each other’s boundaries anymore.

****

June 2026

“Hun, you have a call!” Jennie yelled from her room, her loud voice can be hear clearly in the living room. Lisa stops her discussion with Rosé confusedly, then standing up to approach Jennie’s room.

“What happens? We haven’t use our safe word for a long time now, and I thought Chaeng is an exception?” She’s bombarding Jennie with her questions after she steps into her room and make sure Rosé is out of earshot.

“Oh no, no that call, is a real call.” Jennie gestures to Lisa’s phone on the bedside table with her chin, she’s lying down on her bed with her phone on her hands. Lisa then realises she means a real phone call, her phone is ringing, so she grab it and accept the call after she checked the caller’s name.

“Hi manager oppa… yeah… Jennie?... this afternoon? Yeah I think we’re both free… I will tell her, okay bye.” Jennie snaps her head towards Lisa when she heard her name. Now is her turn to ask what happens.

“Manager oppa said CEO wants to see us, just you and me, this afternoon, he will picks us up and tell us the reason on the way there.”