Chapter 11: Piper

PIPER

Piper groaned as she forced her eyes open. She soon realized that her hands here chained to the wall, her feet were bound, and her head was throbbing.

Piper tried to remember what happened how she got here. Then her memories of the morning came back.

The night before, she had a horrible nightmare. She was watching the battle between her, Leo, and Jason against Gaea.

She started sobbing, especially when she saw Leo wipe tears from his face and grin at her and Jason.

Suddenly, her dream went black and she bolted upright in her bunk, still sobbing uncontrollably.

She threw off her sheets, grabbed a pair of boots, and started running.

She just kept running and running until she found herself at Zeus' fist. She climbed to the top, and finally relaxed, sinking into the boulder and taking deep breaths to try to stop sobbing.

When she finally calmed down, she looked at the stars, finding and naming all the constellations she knew. She saw Zoe the huntress, and she smiled a bit, remembering her bravery.

A cold wind picked up, and Piper shivered. She stood up, intending to go back to her cabin to try to get some more rest, but suddenly, Piper noticed something strange.

The woods were completely quiet. There was not a single sound. She whirled around, trying to find any possible threats.

She knew the woods were stocked with monsters, and she mentally cursed herself. Stupid Stupid Stupid! She didn't bring a weapon!

The air turned even colder. Piper felt goosebumps form along her arms and legs.

The air turned freezing, and the warm humidity was sucked out of the air.

Piper's blood turned cold as she realized what was doing this. She started scrambling down the boulder, desperately trying to get back to camp.

A wall of ice appeared in front of her, and Piper crashed into it, slamming her head.

As the world spun and darkness crept into her vision, she heard a soft cold voice say, "You're not getting away this time Piper McLean. You are alone, and you will never see your friends again."

The world faded to darkness.

Piper groaned again. She was in Boreads ice palace in Quebec, kidnapped by Khione.

She squinted, trying to make out her surroundings in the dark gloom. She heard footsteps, and she heard hushed voices approaching.

Piper went limp, trying to appear as if she was still unconscious. Her mind raced furiously. What did Khione want from her this time? She had to escape quickly, but how?

The footsteps stopped right in front of her, and suddenly Piper felt a swift blow to her ribs.

She gasped, forgetting she was supposed to be unconscious. "See?" A cold female voice drawled. "I told you she was awake."

Piper opened her eyes, and she saw Khione and Zethes standing in front of her.

"What do you want this time Khione?" Piper demanded.

Then, in charmspeak, she said "Let me go."

Zethes took a step forward and reached for the chains that held Piper to the wall, and Knione seemed dazed. Piper's heart leapt. Could her charmspeak actually work?

But of course it wasn't that easy. She was a demigod, after all.

Khione shook off her daze, and, realizing what Zethes was doing, slapped him and pulled him behind her. "I believe we have discussed this before, Piper, you can't charmspeak a goddess."

"Oh yeah!?" Piper retorted. "I don't know where you have been, but I charmspeaked  Gaea back to sleep you D-List goddess!"

Khione's face turned a pale pink, as opposed to her normal white skin, and slapped Piper across the face.

"You are in no position to make threats, filthy Aphrodide spawn. One more word out of you and I will make good on my promise to show you the horrors of frostbite." Piper but her tounge to prevent the string of insults that threatened to spill out of her mouth. The pain in her ribs was getting to be unbearable.

"Good," Khione said, "You are beginning to learn. Now I am going to leave you here, and if I am feeling generous I will send you some basic necessities. I am sending down guards to make sure you don't even attempt to escape. And don't even think about trying to charmspeak then, they will have protection."

Khione and Zethes turned to go, and Piper called out one last time, "What did I ever do to you? Why can't you just leave me alone?"

Khione turned around. "I never forget an insult Piper McLean." And with that, she turned and slammed the cell door, leaving Piper alone with her thoughts.

What could she do? She hated being helpless, but she could think of no plan of escape. She could only pray that someone would come rescue her, preferably Jason or Annabeth. But Piper worried. Did even they have a chance against the snow goddess? The only person who seemed to be able to oppose Khione and her winter magic was Leo, and Leo could hardly swoop in and save her. Piper sighed, and sent out silent call, 'Jason, someone, please help me'

*************************************

A/N: this week is the week of updates!!! I have like the opposite of writers block right now, I have so many ideas that I can't get them down fast enough!

This chapter is dedicated to jannabeth_5660  for the awesome comments and the dedication! Thank you so much!

I am going to try to get another update up tomorrow, maybe the day after.

I have a question for all you demigods out there. What do you think of the new Magnus Chase series coming out? I am a bit wary, I will read them, but I REALLY want more CHB and the seven! What do you think?

Comment vote fangirl!!!