Chapter 21: Calypso

CALYPSO

Calypso shivered as Festus flew over Canada. The freezing snow falling from the night sky was landing all over Festus and the trio, despite Festus being almost hot to the touch. It was like the snowstorm had it in for them, which it probably did, seeing as Khione hated them.

Calypso glanced back at Sami, who was fast asleep on Festus's back. She had attempted to practice with her sword earlier that day, but she was not making much progress. Calypso had heard about demigods who could just pick up a sword and be naturally perfect, (A/N: CLICHE FANFICS I'M LOOKING AT YOU! Sorry) but Sami definitely was not one. She certainly gave it her best shot, but ended up tripping over her own sword and almost impaling herself. Leo wasn't much help either, he never used a sword, tending to rely on mechanics.

Calypso had taught her a few tricks using the mist, and Sami had caught on to that really quickly. Probably because Hecate was her mother, but Sami seemed to have a natural ability for deception.

Calypso sighed and tapped Leo on the shoulder. He turned around, and said "What's up?" Calypso frowned. "What's up?" Leo rolled his eyes and said "I still have to catch you up on the rest of the twenty first century slang. What's the matter?"

Calypso leaned forward and said "We need to change our attack plan. Sami is here now, and I think Khione might know where we are. Have you seen the weather?"

Leo nodded, and replied "That's true, but Khione could just be throwing a goddess tantrum again. And about our plan, I was thinking about it. We could get in, probably with some fun grenades, I have a collection in my tool belt, and Sami could go down to the 'dungeon' I guess it is. Last time I was there, I saw a staircase leading down right near the entrance, so I'm guessing that's where they're keeping Piper. You and I could go confront Khione, although I don't know exactly how we can beat her for good. I set her on fire, Piper stabbed her in the chest, and she's still alive. You have any ideas?"

Calypso considered this, and said "I honestly don't know. I mean, you blew up Gaea by separating her from her source of power, could we do that to Khione?"

"How, by dragging her to a desert?" Leo laughed.

"That's not actually a bad idea," Calypso laughed with him. "But how could we possibly do that?"

"I dunno," Leo replied. "I mean, there are no deserts near Quebec, near Canada really. I'm the complete opposite of her. I beat her once, but Jason and Piper took care of the rest of the monsters. I'm not saying you can't do that too, but Jason had about ten years of training, and Piper is just Piper."

Calypso smiled at his last comment. "I see what you mean. I don't have a weapon, but I have worked with knives before.

"Hey!" She said, seeing Leo's incredulous look. "When you are stuck on an island for centuries, with no weapons but cooking utensils you work with what you can get!"

"Ok then," Leo said. "Remind me never to make you mad when you are cooking!"

Calypso swatted him on the arm, and continued. "In all seriousness, I know we have a good chance, but what if we don't make it? What will Sami do, and what will your friends think?"

Leo took a deep breath. "Honestly, I've been avoiding thinking about that. I've avoided IMing them to let them know I'm ok since we started off to rescue Piper. I just... I don't even know. I don't want to leave them again for good."

Calypso put her hand on his arm, feeling his heat. "Leo, look at me. We will figure this out. We are probably one of the strangest couples Aphrodite has ever seen, and just as powerful."

Leo laughed at that, and said, "Most likely! And if we don't make it, I was thinking we could buy a train ticket for Sami to New York City, and then she can make her way to Camp Half-Blood from there."

"I could do that easy," A voice piped up from behind Calypso. Calypso spun around, and sure enough Sami was awake, and listening with wide eyes. "I ran across about fifteen states, I can make it a couple miles."

"We believe you," Calypso started, "You are incredibly strong Sami, but we're going to hope it doesn't come to that."

Leo grinned, and said "Oh, Sami, when you get to Piper, she probably won't trust you at first. Do whatever it takes to get her to trust you, because she is an amazing fighter, even without a weapon. Watch out for her charmspeak, although you might be able to resist it, who knows? Just do me a favor, ok? Don't tell her you are with me and Calyspo, just in case something goes wrong. I don't want to raise her hopes and then have them crushed again. Ok?"

Sami nodded, and said "Ok. But nothing had better go wrong ok? We're all going to fine."

Calypso smiled, and said "Let's hope. Now everyone get some sleep, Leo said we can pick up supplies tomorrow, and the day after at dawn we'll attack the palace. Sound good?"

Both Leo and Sami nodded, and Sami laid back down. Calypso could hear her muttering under her breath. She couldn't make out the words, but Sami seemed to be praying.

Calypso faced front again, and glared at Leo "That means you too! Get some sleep, you look like you need it. I'll make sure Festus doesn't crash, and I'll wake you up when I need some sleep. Got it?"

Leo laughed, and said "Yes ma'am, but if anything goes wrong wake me ok?"

"Of course, now get some sleep."

Leo leaned forward on Festus's neck, and soon his breathing deepened. Calypso sighed and looked up at the night sky. She couldn't see any stars due to the raging storm, and the cold wind bit at her face.

Looking forward to the horizon, Calypso finally had time to be alone with her thoughts. Everything had happened so quickly over the last couple days, she barely had time to process. She had gone from being trapped on an island for eternity to flying over entire countries on a quest.

It was certainly a huge change, but Calypso loved it. She had always loved adventure, and that was part of why her imprisonment had been so horrible. It was the same thing every day, and over the centuries the only thing to break the monotony was the occasional hero, but they all eventually left.

As for her companions, Calypso would have it with no other, they were family already.

As Calypso stared off into the distance, she could swear she heard an explosion, but she blamed her nerves.

Festus soared on, leading the questers closer and closer to their destination.

********************************************************************************

A/N: Crappy ending I know, but I couldn't think of anything else.

And an update! So proud of me!!! Even though it was another filler.... But on the the bright side, I'm thinking two, MAYBE three chapters until the big battle!

This chapter is dedicated to @Greenninjagal . Why? For breaking my feels beyond repair. Congratulations. I'm scarred.

I think that's all for now!

See ya demigods!