Chapter 4: Calypso

CALYPSO

Calypso felt Leo stiffen besides her, and heard him whisper something under his breath.

"Leo! What is it?"

Leo glanced nervously toward the direction of the voices. "Me, Jason, and Piper ran into them on out first quest to free Hera. They're a family of cyclops. I killed them, but I had alot of machinery to help out. Here..."

His voice trailed off. Calyspo's mind raced furiously. She could do a bit of magic, but she couldn't think of a way to use it to defeat these monsters.

Suddenly, she gasped. "Leo! In my bag I have all the leftover celestial bronze left over from the pile you found. Could you make something out of that?"

Leo grinned that unnerving grin of his. "Geez sunshine, why didn't you mention this earlier!? Of course I can make something, and I have an idea!"

Leo giggled like a madman and raced back to Festus with Calypso close behind. Calypso ran to her bags and pulled out a particularly large lumpy sack. She dumped it out on the ground, wincing at the loud CLANG the metals made when they crashed to the ground.

Leo began furiously digging through the pile of metal and wires, tossing aside seemingly random pieces.

When he finished going through the entire pile, he began building. Calypso watched in fascination, amazed at the skill he had.

A few minutes later, he sat back, surveying the work he did. "What is it?" Calypso questioned.

"That sunshine, is for me to know and you to find out." Leo winked at her, and grinned.

Calypso was about to argue, but at that moment, the ground started to shake, and a thunderous voice boomed, "We meet again, Leo Valdez, and this time you are not going to win!"