Chapter 14: Leo

LEO

Leo woke up to Festus' clicking and whirring. He glanced behind him, and saw Calypso was still asleep. Dang she was beautiful. He still couldn't believe his luck, getting her off of Ogygia. He had been super scared when she stalked off in the garage, after he told her he had died. He thought she was going to leave him, but luckily she was not.

Festus clicked out a status report in morse code. Leo sighed with relief. The repairs he and Calypso made in the garage were holding up, although Leo really wished he had some celestial bronze he could have used. Festus's navigation system said they were somewhere over northern New York, approaching Niagra Falls. Leo grinned, and told Festus to set down near the falls.

For once, Festus didn't crash land. He landed with a gentle 'thump', which woke Calypso. "Leo, where are we? Are we in Quebec yet?"

"Not yet Sunshine, but there's something I want you to see."

Leo helped Calypso off of Festus, then activated the button to change Festus into a metal suitcase. As Festus folded in on himself, Leo couldn't help laughing at Calypso's startled expression, and Calypso looked over and smiled at him. "I'm not even going to ask how this is possible, but it is pretty amazing repair boy."

"No, it's ama-ZHANG!" Leo corrected,laughing, and cracking up even harder at Calypso's confused expression. "I'll explain later, follow me."

Leo wheeled Festus under a bush for safe keeping, and then he took Calypso's hand, and together they made their way through the crowds. As they made their way to the edge of the water, a loud roaring sound emerged. "Leo, is it a monster?" Calypso gasped, making Leo smile. "Not this time! Look!" He guided Calypso around the bend.

Calypso gasped, awestruck as Niagra falls came into view. Leo whistled.

Even though he has seen the falls before when he was on the run, they were still pretty impressive. Thousands of gallons of water cascaded down the cliff, and you could hardly hear anything over the loud roar. "Pretty cool huh?"

Calypso turned to him with wide eyes. "This is incredible! Thank you so much!"

"Anything for you Sunshine." Inwardly, Leo cringed at how cheesy that sounded, but Calypso blushed and smiled, so he figured she enjoyed it. He took her hand, and together they walked along the shore, never letting the falls out of sight.

As they walked, Leo couldn't stop glancing around, nervous that some monster would sneak up on them.

Nothing happened, though. That is, until the screaming started.

*************************************

A/N: I was gonna end the section here, but I feel bad I haven't updated in a while. So the story goes on!!! (And on and on aaaannnddd oooooonnnnn)

*************************************

Leo and Calypso locked eyes, and simultaneously ran toward the screaming. The screams were high pitched and shrill, like a young child.

As Leo and Calypso raced around the bend, Calypso yanked Leo to a stop. "Take my hand." Calypso whispered frantically. Leo obliged, and Calypso closed her eyes and started muttering.

After a couple seconds, she stoped. "We're hidden in the mist now. Just don't let go of my hand and the spell will hold."

Leo nodded, and they crept around another corner, stoping short at what they saw.

Leo sucked in his breath. A small girl, looking about eight or nine, was running from a hellhound. She was shortish, about four feet nine Leo estimated. She had long brown hair braided down her back. She had an athletic build, and she was covered in dirt and grime, and it looked like she hadn't had a decent meal in months.

The hellhound was rapidly gaining ground, it was about 20 meters away. The girl looked back, and seeing the hellhound rapidly approaching, screamed, "REALLY!? I THOUGHT I LOCKED YOU IN A CLOSET IN NEBRASKA!"

Leo looked over at Calypso with his eyebrows raised. "I like this kid."

Calypso rolled her eyes. "Of course you do. Although it looks like she won't be around to like much longer. Go!"

Leo smirked and sprinted toward the hellhound, who was about 10 feet behind the girl. The girl was now screaming profanities at the monster, which seemed to make it even more angry.

Leo whipped out his trusty hammers, and, setting them on fire, hurled them at the hellhound. It smacked it right on the snout, and the hellhound stopped, confused. It looked around for the source of the pain, and it's eyes rested on Leo.

Leo grinned and waved cheekily, "Helloooo Mr. Hellhound!"

It roared in pain and confusion, and charged at Leo. Leo gulped, and quickly summoned two more hammers. He glanced to his right, and he saw Calypso grab the girl and cover her with mist.

Leo breathed a sigh of relief, and then focused his attention on the charging hellhound.

It was about ten feet away, and when it got to about five feet Leo set the hammers on fire and hurled them at the hellhound again, hitting it in the eyes. He then summoned a massive fireball, and threw it at the monster. It yelped, and exploded into gold dust.

Leo grinned, and turned and bowed. "Yet another spectacular victory by Commander Toolbelt! I will be signing autographs in the lobby!"

Calypso appeared beside him, rolling her eyes. "Good job Repair Boy." She gave him a kiss on the cheek. Leo pouted. "On the cheek? I deserve better!"

Calypso laughed and gave him a full on kiss on the lips. Leo's head burst into flames.

They would have stayed like that for who knows how long, but a loud cough brought them back to the present.

They turned, Leo's head still on fire.

The girl they had rescued was standing in front of them, with her hands on her hips. "Ok lovebirds, break it up."

Calypso blushed, and Leo started cracking up. "Oh...My...gods..." He gasped between laughs. "I love this kid"

Calypso glared at him, and then turned to the girl. "So, what is your name?"

The girl hesitated, as if deciding whether or not to trust them, but then answered, "Sami. Sami Wonder."

Leo raised his eyebrows and stuck out his hand. "Nice to save your life Sami. I am Leo, Bad Boy Supreme, and this here is Calypso."

Calypso smiled when she was introduced, and said, "Well Sami, why don't you come with us back to our dragon, and we can talk, I'm guessing you have a lot to say."

*************************************

A/N: OVER 2K READS!!!! JSICJEIXSOAKZJCIDJAKSKFJFJSKJJSJD!! OH MY GODS THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

ANYway, I hope you liked the introduction of Sami, I am going to have ALOT of fun with her and Leo!

It occurred to me that I haven't exactly been doing a disclaimer, so here it goes.

I am not Rick Riordan, and as much as I wish I did, I do not own any of the characters except for Sami, who is my own creation.

So this chapter is for two people:

WiseGirl_Owl13 again, you know why.

And Carms___, I put Sami in my own story, hope you see this!

Anyway, I'm sorry I haven't been updating as frequently as I used to, life happened. So I will TRY to update more quickly.

2K READS! I CANT GET OVER IT!!!

Vote, Comment, Fangirl!