Chapter 8: Calypso

CALYPSO

"LEO!!!" Calypso screamed, as he crumpled to the ground. "NO!!!"

He couldn't be dead. He couldn't. She found new strength, and finally tore her way out of the bronze net. She spun, and dodged Ma Gasket's first attack.

She heard a roar in the distance, and the earth started to shake.

She concentrated on her magic, and quickly summoned the mist to conceal herself.

"WHERE ARE YOU PUNY GIRL!?" Ma Gasket roared. Calypso snuck around behind her, preparing to grab one of the devices Leo built to try to use it on the giant Cyclopes.

But all of a sudden, Festus burst into sight, limping slightly because of his broken leg, and emitted a deafening roar.

He leaped to Ma Gasket as she stood there, astonished at the sudden appearance of the massive bronze dragon.

Festus blew a huge fire ball at Ma Gasket, but just like Leo's fire, it had no effect.

This seemed to confuse Festus. He reared back, and roared again. This gave Ma Gasket the opening she needed.

She have a loud battle cry, and ripped off one of Festus's legs.

"NO!!!" Calypso screamed, grabbed a random device and pointed it toward Ma Gasket.

Her hands desperately prodded the surface of the sphere. She found a lever, and she aimed it toward Ma Gasket, and fired.

A strange substance emerged from the device with a loud POP.

It dropped uselessly to the ground. It had a strange buttery smell, and when Calypso picked one of the little white puffs up, it was light.

"Really Leo?" Calypso groaned when she recognized it.

Popcorn.

Then, Calypso cursed herself. While she had been fooling around with the popcorn, the battle had not been going well for Festus. He lay on his side, and Ma Gasket towered over him with a huge hammer.

"HEY YOU OVERGROWN SHRIMP!" Calypso screamed, trying to get the Cyclopes' attention away from Festus.

"WHY DON'T YOU COME OVER HERE AND FIGHT ME IF YOU'RE NOT TOO SCARED!!!"

Ma Gasket slowly turned around, and her eyes fell on Calypso. Calypso gulped.

Maybe it would have been better to think of a plan before she got the attention of an angry cyclopes.

She grabbed another sphere, and Ma Gasket laughed cruelly. "What are you going to do puny goddess? You don't even know what that does!"

Calypso cringed inwardly. It was true, she had no idea what any of the machines did.

But as she stared down Ma Gasket, she saw Festus creeping silently up behind the Cyclopes.

She smiled, and shouted at Ma Gasket to keep her attention on her and not Festus. "That may be true, but I have something you don't!"

Ma Gasket laughed again. "And what may that be future dinner?!"

Festus reared up above Ma Gasket, and Calypso smiled. "Backup."

Festus slammed down on top of Ma Gasket, and she burst into gold dust.

**********

A/N: Hello fellow demigods!! Sorry I took so long updating, I had ALOT of homework this week.

So I will probably update again over the weekend, stress on hopefully.

Vote, comment, fangirl!!!