Chapter 3

The capital of Pandora was located on the edge of it the planets plains nestled in to a large expanding mountain range with a single forest road allowing terrain travel. Leaving the city like veins were the planets numerous magnetic rail lines connecting the city to the rest of the planet's environments. Some travelled through the mountains to the planet's bitter northern and southern tundra, others to its misty swamps and mysterious oceans.

Whilst the planet was a diverse and alluring place its key export made it a prize for the Republic. Foodstuff. The UPA had spent many years developing the plains, which covered over half of the landmass, into an impressive agricultural area. The food it generated was enough to replenish much of the shortage that was befalling the Republic core with the sudden leave of the Separatists. The key to the planet was the capital as it was the only port planet side. Ships would use extensive landing platforms within the mountain range to load cargo before travelling to the orbiting trade stations. Ships could land and take off from elsewhere but due to the connection of the rail network it was easier to extract all material from the capital.

The LAATs sped over the rolling fields like birds towards the capital. Ahsoka couldn't help but breathe in the sweet air of the planet as, unlike Coruscant no large industrial power plants kicked off huge bellows of smoke instead the atmosphere was much like that of Ahsoka's home world of Shili. She turned to Rex and shouted over the load whine of the engines, "Enjoying the view." A grin plastered on her face.

"Better than Kamino." Rex replied, reminiscing the stormy weather of his creator's planet. His attention was quickly caught by the presence of thousands of white dots in the surrounding fields. Sheep. "Reckon we could nick a few of those sheep down there?" He asked to no one in particular on the coms earning a round of chuckles. Meat was something the clones rarely got a taste for, to them it was a delicacy.

"Cut the chatter. We're almost there." The serious voice of Charl sternly ordered over the coms. At the sound of her voice the gunships once lively attitude changed to one of concentration. Each man focused on there mission. Rex could not help but swap a look of worry with Ahsoka, whilst they knew of the reason for her tone the rest of the men didn't. Obi Wan had asked them to keep her outburst a secret. They didn't need the men losing faith in the mission. Rex turned his attention to see Charl's helmeted figure looking out, however before he could guess her mood the gunships began banking to their respective directions.

Charl loosely held on as the LAAT approached the city. Its steel and concrete structures dominating the approaching horizon. The buildings weren't as impressive as those on Coruscant, no high reaching skyscrapers or large government houses. Instead the buildings were built low and flat, there was no need for impressive apartments when many of your population live out in the fields. The largest building was that of the government house. It was a white washed building traveling up several floors with a large dome to top it off. As it overlooked the cities market and square, the flags of the planet and the UPA waved happily over the building's entrance.

The sun had barley illuminated the peaks of the surrounding mountains when the LAATs descended. Charl jumped down to the scene of Anakin and his surrounding men charging into the building weapons drawn. Turning she pointed to the figures of the final squad to land. "You lot over here now!" She barked gathering their attention. The group ran over weapons drawn. As they neared she received a clearer look at who she'd called. 'Bravo squad' She internally groaned. She had been present at their final test of the citadel where they distinguished themselves, but what she hated about them was the cat calling they had started. 'Sometimes being the best on field, doesn't always make you the best off of it' she remembered telling them. At least Domino had manners. The group were all shinnies and had followed her from Kamino back to the 501st.