Chapter 6

An eerie quiet grew steadily over the communication room at the loss of the Jedi master. No one moved. Whilst many Jedi were dying on fronts across the galaxy, the shock of seeing Master Isigqila fall before their eyes was difficult. Especially the brutal fashion in which she fell. To bleed to death in such a fashion was a rare method of death for a Jedi, practically impossible with the current war. A blaster wound would normally cauterize a wound, if it killed it was sudden, rarely did anyone get the chance to die from bleeding out as the medics were usually fast enough with the bacta patches.

Suddenly the communicator fizzled, causing Windu to brace up in anticipation. He only relaxed at the comforting figure of the Chancellor, however his facial features displayed no air of comfort. Mace Windu was trying to work out whether the Chancellor was astonished, afraid or infuriated. Only his tone will tell. "Seen it have you Chancellor?" Yoda questioned, his voice filled with grief. "I am afraid everyone has Master Yoda," the Chancellor replied his voice tense, "What has me worried however is whether the UPA will ally with the Separatists or remain independent?" The Chancellor pressed, trying to piece together the ominous warning of their new enemies. 

"I suggest if we do not wish to create a new enemy for ourselves, we return Pandora to the UPA and talk things out civilly

"I suggest if we do not wish to create a new enemy for ourselves, we return Pandora to the UPA and talk things out civilly." Kenobi responded his eyes carefully studying Charl. To Kenobi she was a complicated puzzle. Throughout the entire ordeal she had reacted differently to everyone else. Subtle movements and motions that would normally go unnoticed, especially with what was happening on the hologram. But Kenobi had watched the Mandalorian girl carefully. Ever since she had joined the war something had always put Kenobi off about her. He had always thought it was to do with previous experience with Satine and tried to shrug it off, but no matter how hard he tried he could never remove his piercing gaze from the girl. This off-putting and puzzling feeling had especially developed with the incident on Pandora with her new ice-cold demeanour. What was his feelings trying to tell him?

"And who would you suggest lead these Peace talks? Many within the senate hold no significant alliance with the UPA, and that isn't even taking into consideration the issue of them having to discuss things with Hetep?" The Chancellor pressed, his fingers tapping in thought. Kenobi turned his head to properly face the conversation, though still deep in thought.

"Perhaps Padme," Kenobi again reasoned, "She has perhaps the best possible understanding of the benefits of the UPA, as well as having a mutual friendship with Representative Hetep."

"I suppose? Perhaps her insight into Hetep's character would help to gauge as to whether peace can be found."

Palpatine ended, twiddling with something before the figure of Senator Amidala appeared on screen. Kenobi could have sworn he felt an overwhelming amount of happiness radiate off his old padawan, however it did not last long. Padme's expression was one of bitter anger. It only relaxed when she took note of the gathered Jedi, but an air of resentment seemed to resonate of the usual calming face.