Chapter 5

"Earlier today representatives of the chancellor's office confirmed several reports of the Republic military's presence on the planet of Pandora," A holonet reporter informed, confusing many gathered as the projector randomly switched from a live feed of military operations to a past report for civilians. "In what was described as an already discussed and established deal between the UPA and Chancellor." Everyone within the small communication room shifted uncomfortably at the blatant lie. As the reporter continued the story master Windu spoke up, "What is the meaning of this, try and regain connection on the secondary channels." His authoritive voice boomed.

"I am trying to master but this seems to be broadcasting across every frequency, military and civilian." Satine mumbled quickly as she pushed and pulled various buttons on the console.

Suddenly a voice the council quickly recognised spoke up. "What the chancellor has informed of these recent events has been nothing more than a deceitful lie. The occupation of the United Planetary Alliance world of Pandora is a complete and inexcusable attack against my government. It was an attack against peace, an attack against innocence and an attack against democracy. So, I therefore give the Republic Senate 48 hours to completely remove troops from the planet or aggressive action will be taken against the Republic and its military!" As representative Hetep's hologram repeated the words she threatened three rotations ago an uneasy quiet fell over the room as the force began to tantalise the Jedi's senses with warnings. The quiet confusion and fear were soon replaced by an even more silent emotion – Horror – As images Kenobi, Skywalker, Ronin and Tano remembered soon flooded the room with a brilliant blue.

The first was an image of several clones standing before what could only be described as an argument between a large bearded man and an ignited lightsabre. A lightsabre that looked distinctly similar to Ahsoka's. Shrinking low the togruta could feel the surrounding Jedi who'd been absent of the mission look towards her eyebrows raised at her un-Jedi like behaviour. Knowing she was going to get a scolding later Ahsoka kept her eyes forward spotting a word displayed across the images top. 'Peace?'

The next image garnered a different reaction from the gathered crowd. It showed a mandalorian woman kneeling down, tears rolling down her eyes as in her arms lay what appeared to be a young boy in obvious pain. Many of the masters gathered looked on incredibly regretful of their actions, or lack of it. The boy had been a victim of their insolence regarding Pandora. Eyes seemed to flutter over to Charl who stood stoically as an image of weakness was shown. Her weakness. The eyes seemed to continue moving around detailing those who had seen the image shown in person. Anakin's eyes were looked forward in unrelenting indignation. Kenobi only looked away not wishing to relive that particular day and Ahsoka seemed to have discovered something extremely interesting on her boot. The masters and padawans did not hold their actions against them, a picture can only tell so many words. The eyes of the room returned to the image and its title before it vanished into the console. 'Innocence?'

The last image wasn't really an image at all, more the beginning of a video. Captioned 'Democracy' it showed a large assembly hall, which within sat several hundred people. Each was dressed in different mixes of colours all extremely formal, something not too dissimilar to a senators clothing. They all seemed to be looking towards a podium which was backdropped by a large wooden panel. On it was engraved what appeared to be the emblem of a planet surrounded by stars.

A man stood behind the glass podium, his balding hair and glasses seemed to reflect the light of the assembly hall. "Today I speak to the people of the United Planetary Alliance from the Assembly Hall of Stars on Earth." The hologram begun to recite its voice tired and purposeful as if the words were natural. "Seventy-two hours ago, the UPA representative on Coruscant gave a public address to the good people of the galaxy as well as a written warning from myself to the Chancellor of the Republic Senate. In these warnings we requested that unless the removal of Republic troops from the system of Pandora occurred within forty-eight hours a state of war will exist between us. I stand before you now to not only inform you that no action has been taken place to return our planets to us but that the Grand Army of the Republic has in fact drawn up plans for the continued invasion of the UPA. For this reason, I must declare that through the combined decision of the Assembly and the Military High Council, we are now at war with the Republic."